Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Help on a medal price......

I'm bidding on this one;on line auction.

Just wondering if some of the experts here could tell me.

How much is too much?image

Thanks

ITALY. Genoa International Conference Medallion, 1922.
Bronze goldplate, 101.6mm. By Ludovico Pogliaghi and Angelo Cappuccio.

No,no- the kids and the cat are all right honey.
It's just that I got my PCGS grades.

Comments

• Options
    Silvereagle82Silvereagle82 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭
    WOWimage
  • Options
    HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you think it is worth, say $50, what would you think if someone else got it for $51? Work the top out in your own mind. Somewhere there is a number where you wouldn't mind losing it. Just remember you might have to pay it. How would you feel if you win it at your top dollar? If you will feel badly, lower the top bid until you won't. You are the only one that knows the top number. Good luck. Looks like a beautiful medal.
  • Options
    ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    My rule of thumb is this..."If I pay "x" dollars for this, can I resale it for the same amount or will I take a loss...."
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on if it is an Italian auction or one here in the States. Interest for an Italian medal, especially a very choice nice one like that will be stronger in Italy than in N. America.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    I would expect a big ticket on this one in excess of $550 under normal conditions. If two crazies are involved with lots of money, closer to 1K. IMHO of course. Good luck and tell us what it sells forimage
  • Options
    Unfortunately you'd probably right.

I'm under the reserve with $280 and looking to go to $400 if I have to, but that may not feed the bulldog...
    No,no- the kids and the cat are all right honey.
    It's just that I got my PCGS grades.