Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

A PUBLIC FEEDBACK TO ANGEL DEE'S

2»

Comments

• Options
    deefree49deefree49 Posts: 282 ✭✭✭
    Andy just sent me a beautiful Lincoln Matte Proof that was on my wish list. Somehow he finds stuff that's just perfect for me. A special talent, that is. Back from a recent run of shows, Angel Dee's just updated their website today. It is worth it if only just to see the several 1877 IHC, 66RD 1914-D 1C, and the Toned Buffalo set. Wow! There's plenty more too, believe me.
    Lincoln coin lover, especially Matte Proofs
  • Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That toned Buffalo set is amazing!
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    Andy did another "above and beyond the call" for me. He knew about a tough coin I was after and since he didn't currently have it, he hooked me up with someone who did! He was at a show and even handed HIS phone to the other dealer. I would much rather deal with Andy but he knew of an opportunity for me and shared it without hesitating.

I have only praises for Angel Dee's Coins and it is always nice to do business with them. Not only are the coins very special but the way Andy treats you is very special too.
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    They do well for their customers, which is why they have their excellent reputation.
  • Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need not ask him twice. The truth comes out the first time.
  • Options

Bump!
    Andy and Alynne still helping me with the collection. Time passes and it just gets better and better. Just had to say something!

The latest addition is a 1914 PR66RB MPL that Allyne found for me at a recent show. Andy gave me a great trade on a 1909 PR66RB. If you stop over at Angel Dee's, it's currently up at the site. A nice looking MPL.

• Options
    WingedLiberty1957WingedLiberty1957 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2017 7:34AM

A killer 1911 I bought from Andy a year ago (PCGS MS64BN).

• Options
    edited March 4, 2017 7:34AM

Another Angel Dees monster I bought from Andy last month (PCGS PR65RB).

• Options
    edited March 4, 2017 7:32AM

This 1914 Matte Proof Lincoln actually "flowed through" Andy at AngelDees. It was sold by Andy to a private collector back in 2009 I believe -- then I bought it from that same collector in 2011. So indirectly, another AngelDees monster (PCGS PR66BN).

• Options
    edited March 4, 2017 7:33AM

I rarely buy Full Reds (RD's), but this had just enough interest on it (a light tiger striping on the obverse) to make my threshold. Interestingly, 1946-S is a tougher date for color and eye-appeal in Lincoln Cents (PCGS MS67RD).

• Options

One of the first purchases I got from Angel Dee's

https://caimages.collectors.com/coinimages/50297/31328899/1c1914PF65BN.jpg

• Options

a more recent one that I've got a lot of good comments about

https://images.pcgs.com/TrueView/25654417_800x600.jpg

• Options

That 1914 proof Winged Liberty posted is one of my all time favorite coins to admire...
    That is a coin to keep!! (understatement of the month)
    And finally, I have to show off this one - also a recent buy from Angel Dee's:

https://images.pcgs.com/TrueView/81346271_800x600.jpg

• Options
    lusterloverlusterlover Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone keep in regular contact with him. I am not a customer but I do admit I ogle his impressive early Lincoln inventory from time to time. I noticed lately that his offerings are about 25% of normal (I usually have to scroll down with the mouse a few times). Is he winding down or is the quality in the market that sparse at the moment?

• Options
    edited July 29, 2017 6:52PM

I have been in regular contact with Andy, Ironically his current list is short because he's been too busy to update it! When the Denver ANA show concludes, Andy told me he's planning to update his website with a large infusion of new coins. He recently helped a collector with a large collection of Lincoln cents which included many raw coins. So he was tasked with getting them graded and into holders and sorting through them etc. He is hoping to have the update up by mid August.

I'm hoping for sooner but it should be around that time. I can also happily report that he just helped me acquire a really cool toned VDB proof. Andy has a great ability to find these beauties and there should soon be a new group of great coins for us to swoop in on. Here is a picture of the new VDB proof using a phone, so it isn't a TrueView or anything great but hopefully the toning is basically visible.

• Options

Here is the reverse. Andy is honestly my personal coin hero.

Details showing initials...

• Options
    CasabrownCasabrown Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

While I do not visit the message boards as much these days, but when I saw this post about my friend, I could not help myself. Andy and his lovely wife are the major reasons why two of my sets (1968 to Present Proof and the 1936 to Present Mint) are in the PCGS Hall of Fame.

I owe my re-birth to coin collecting to them. I love them dearly!!!

• Options
    edited November 27, 2017 4:04PM

This is a top pop Andy made and helped me acquire. It wouldn't have been possible without that help and the extra time he generously spent to make it happen.

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deefree49 said:

This is a top pop Andy made and helped me acquire. It wouldn't have been possible without that help and the extra time he generously spent to make it happen.

Gorgeous David!! Is this the same one pictured in CoinFacts as a 65BN? I love the gloss/luster.

• Options
    edited November 27, 2017 8:44PM

Hi Bob,
    Although it does look similar. Andy thinks they are different coins and I think I see some differences.

PCGS should have put mine up in CoinFacts but for some reason, even though it is a top 1/0, they haven't.
    It is currently in a 66BN holder and the only one. In any event, with my budget, even one "top pop" is a miracle!

• Options
    CoppercolorCoppercolor Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭
    edited December 21, 2017 5:49PM

Hey folks wait just one minute! Doesn't everyone know Alynne is the brains charm AND beauty of Angel Dee's. Where's her shout out page?? B)

I'd like my copper well done please!
  • Options
    WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

This 1915 PCGS 66 BN came home with the help of Andy,

Thanks Andy!!

• Options
    edited January 9, 2018 3:51PM

Whoa! Has anyone had a chance to check out the 1917 DDO in 67+RD at the Angel Dee's website? Even if it wasn't a rare coin, it would be a beautiful mint state 1917. The fact that it is a quite rare variety too makes this coin a total one of a kind. It is absolutely worth gawking at!

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yikes. I don't know what price Andy has, but guide is $150k.......gulp!

Gorgeous coin.

• Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice guy but wouldn’t do a buyback on a $$$$$ coin when I most needed it :-(

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

You just can't say enough about Andy and his wife....they are two of the best!

• Options

I do a little selling on eBay and found that if I treat customers in the way Andy treats me, customers are very happy. So while he may not even be aware of it, you can add "excellent teacher" to all the other good things he does. :)