Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1935 national chicle

im looking for information about the 1935 national chicle set. most specifically the print run numbers of both the low number and high number cards. if anyone knows the answer to this or a good site to visit to get information about this set, id appreciate hearing about it
thanks

Comments

• Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    The most accurate indicator I can think of is the Population Report of PSA graded cards, which you can access on the PSA main page if you are a member.
    Apart from that, it would be mostly speculative.

They are very tough, especially in high grade.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    revmoranrevmoran Posts: 398 ✭✭
    I don't know about the print run numbers, but the latest issue of Gridiron Greats magazine had a great article about the variations of Eddie Casey's signature on the backs of these cards - there are four variations - and the question of the number of cards actually printed was discussed in another forum Chicle question
  • Options

<< <i>I don't know about the print run numbers, but the latest issue of Gridiron Greats magazine had a great article about the variations of Eddie Casey's signature on the backs of these cards - there are four variations - and the question of the number of cards actually printed was discussed in another forum Chicle question >>

Doug did a really good job on that article, he's been compiling that data for a long time.

Also a really good article on the 84 topps set in that same issue. image
  • Options
    Thanks Joe, and you're absolutely right about that '84 Topps article too!

I have never seen any information about absolute production on these. It'd be interesting to learn, if you can find it. I agree to check the population reports to get a feel for the scarcity of the high numbers vs. low numbers. There are also a few surprises there, in that some cards appear to be slightly more rare than others in the same series. The last I looked at this, the low numbers were approximately 3X more common than the high numbers. I think this number may be skewed slightly, though, because I expect people would tend to submit more SPs if they have them. Also, the crack-and-resubmit game is probably played more on the HOFers and SPs. So, I would bet that the SPs are at least 3X more rare than the low numbers, but they could be even more rare than this.

Doug