Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

free grading question..

does PSA still offer the 2 free grades when attaining 90% set completion? (or has it been bumped up to 99%..lol image )

Comments

• Options
    PSA still does it at the 90% level. Just got a free voucher for two subs. when my USHD set hit 90%
    30's R Want List:

R73 1933 Goudey Indian Gum - Series 288 - Nos. 118
    Also looking for 1953 Parkhurst & 1953 Quaker Oats Ripley's BION.

If you have any available for sale PM me
  • Options
    They do offer free submissions when you reach 90% and I think thats why they are adding all the different variations to each set to keep people for ever getting close to 90% ever again!
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    It all depends on how many total cards are in that particular set. The more cards there are in the set, the more vouchers you are eligible for. Here is a link to the benefits. Also, be sure you email them when you reach your 90%, because they don't do it automatically. I've done this several times in the past and I've always received my vouchers very quickly.

------------------------------------------------------------

Benefits of PSA Set Registration

Building collections of trading cards can be rewarding and very pleasurable. Participating in the PSA Set RegistrySM can also be a lot of fun. In addition to the enjoyment of comparing your cards to the greatest sets of all time, you also receive the following benefits:

Recognition for your cards. If your cards are in the top five best "All Time Finest" sets, your collection and, if you desire, your name will be listed in the PSA Set Registry at the top of the page listing all sets in that category. You have three options in listing the name of your collection: you can use your full name, you can use your initials, or you can simply be an anonymous collector. Also note that while we will list the average grade of your set, we will not list the grades of the individual cards unless you have marked your set open for viewing.

Free Submissions. We recognize that not every item in every important collection has been graded by PSA. In order to encourage participation in the PSA Set Registry program when your set reaches 90% complete, you are entitled free grading as follows.

If the set composition is 1-50 cards or tickets you are entitled to 1 free grading.
    If the set composition is 51-150 cards or tickets you are entitled to 2 free gradings.
    If the set composition is 151-300 cards or tickets you are entitled to 3 free gradings.
    If the set composition is 301-750 cards or tickets you are entitled to 5 free gradings.
    If the set composition is 751-1500 cards or tickets you are entitled to 6 free gradings.
    If the set composition is over 1500 cards or tickets you are entitled to 7 free gradings.

Cards which are autographed and dated 1997 or earlier will need to go through the “Grading & Autograph Authentication” service. For these cards, the following free submissions apply:

If the set composition is 1-150 cards or tickets you are entitled to 1 free gradings.
    If the set composition is 151-300 cards or tickets you are entitled to 2 free gradings.
    If the set composition is 301-750 cards or tickets you are entitled to 3 free gradings.
    If the set composition is 751-1500 cards or tickets you are entitled to 4 free gradings.
    If the set composition is over 1500 cards or tickets you are entitled to 5 free gradings.

Free gradings are for items within the set that has reached 90% completion. You should request your free gradings with the intent to either add or upgrade your set with the items that are being graded for free. You cannot submit the same item twice for free grades. All items must be submitted at one time. If your set has reached 90% complete, please contact setregistry@collectors.com with your name, address and phone number, the name of the set that qualifies and whether or not your cards are autographed. You will be sent by U.S. mail a submission form to be used exclusively for your free gradings. It is your responsibility to pay for postage and insurance.
  • Options
    Stupid question (maybe).
    Do you have to be a paying subscriber to PSA collector's club to get the free subs?
    My subscription ran out but my set is at 99% (1971 Topps Football).
    Thanks
    Collecting 1971 TOPPS FOOTBALL PSA 8 !!!
  • Options
    I had finished my Rose basic set a couple years ago and never got a free submission... Was I supposed to ask for it?
  • Options

<< <i>Was I supposed to ask for it? >>

Yes you have to request your vouchers.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Stupid question (maybe).
    Do you have to be a paying subscriber to PSA collector's club to get the free subs?
    Thanks >>

my question exactly, my sub. has lapsed can i still get the free grades?
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Let's try again..
    Stupid question (maybe).
    Thanks
  • Options
  • Options
    You have to be subscribed to have anything graded so I would guess that the answer is yes, you would have to be a currently paying subscriber to get your free subs.
  • Options
    FOUND OUT the answer to my quesion.
    YOU DO NOT HAVE to be a paying subscriber to PSA to get your free subs.
    I know 1st hand now, because I sent PSA an email and they sent me a free voucher for 3 cards because the set has 263 cards in it.