Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

HELP WITH OLD SILVER

I TOOK PIC OF DESIGN. IT IS SILVER, ANY HELP WITH DESIGN FOR A COUNTRY OR AGE WOULD BE GREAT. IT IS COUNTER STAMPED 1822 2R ON THE REVERSE.

Comments

• Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    Show the whole coin next time so we can get some more information from the picture. Also, show both sides.
  • Options
    i have tried, it is too big keeps being deleted the pic. suggestions?
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    WHAT DO WE WIN IF WE GET IT RIGHT?!

Looks like a contest to me image

Seriously, though, try uploading the full image to a free service like Photobucket. Most of those will give you the code to insert into your message here. It's pretty easy really. There's a thread or five explaining it somewhere in the archives here.

In the meantime, tell us what the legends read, maybe we can work with that... sounds like something from Latin America so far...
  • Options
    coinnut86coinnut86 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i have tried, it is too big keeps being deleted the pic. suggestions? >>

get a free account at www.photobucket.com and upload the pic there, or email the pic to me and I'll upload it coinnut86@yahoo.com
  • Options
    I'm guessing the host coin is the 2 Real version of this? Link
  • Options
    yes it sure is. is it a scarce as the 1r coin?
  • Options
    Chile-Valdivia emergency coinage. With APDLVA counterstamp, KM#5. VG 200 F 450 VF 850 XF 1500. Catalog is the same for 1 or 2R with or without counterstamp.