Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

OT: I'm traveling....

StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've been too busy of late, and I haven't contributed at all...and now I will be off-line for awhile.

I am leaving tomorrow for Japan for a two year tour--back to where I was when I found this place! I hope to re-find the coin store I visited with Roy. My family and dog will join me in about two weeks.

My only coins going with me are in my 7070 (how embarrasing!) and the Japanese Dansco type set (they are in transit courtesy of the USPS and their reduced rate on flat rate boxes for APO mailings image). All the rest are either in storage courtesy of the US Government or in the SDB.

My medals are mostly in storage as well...so it will be interesting to see how many I accidently re-purchase over the next two years. Or maybe I won't buy anything (pigs may take up flying as well...who knows).

Japan is where I was when I started collecting, and where I found this place, so it will be interesting to see how this second go-round devleops.

Well, here's hoping to finding housing and internet access. All else is incidental!

If anyone is interested in any Japanese pocket change, candy or other delights, let me know.

Cathy

Comments

• Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck Cathy!

I have an Excel spreadsheet of my entire collection, but I would probably still end up buying a duplicate or two in your situation, it sounds like there will be much to think about besides coins and medals while you are there.

I would not mind a current circulating type set, and perhaps a bill or two as well, if you find the time...Not a big concern.
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    Have fun and Good luck! -Dan
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    definitely...have fun and have a safe trip!!
  • Options
    PreussenPreussen Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭
    Good Luck! -Preussen
    "Illegitimis non carborundum" -General Joseph Stilwell. See my auctions
  • Options
    DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508
    Good luck and God speed Cathy! Thanks for your service, and stay safe over there. I too spent some time in Japan in the mid-90s, while I was in the Marines with the
    31st MEU(SOC) stationed in Okinawa. While I thought it was neat and look back with fond memories, I can do without the stifling summer humidity and the constant barrage of typhoons that seemed to be a weekly event.

Happy collecting and have fun!

Doug
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Have a safe trip. Ahh, to be in the land of G-Shocks! image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)