Home› Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Need your help . 1746 German States 1/2 Thaler ( Convention)

I need help finding the value and a good buyer for this coin. German States 1746 1/2 Thaler (convention).
Is it rare ? What's it worth ? Anybody have interest . Thanks Ron Please Email me at tradecoin@verizon.net .
image
image
Viet Nam Vet 66/67.
Retired Coin Shop Owner .
Still Collecting
Love my Grandkids and my German Shepherd Dogs . Kind of like my wifes Cat.

Comments

  • Options
    TTT Thanks
    Viet Nam Vet 66/67.
    Retired Coin Shop Owner .
    Still Collecting
    Love my Grandkids and my German Shepherd Dogs . Kind of like my wifes Cat.
  • Options
    HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is called a klippe. I do not know its value. I copied this from www.klippes.com. The site's owner, Jeffrey Zarit, probably knows more about them than anyone. "Klippe coins were generally made while a city was under siege for everyday commerce. They are generally square or diamond shaped and were usually made only for that purpose. However, some klippes were made as a regular issue, such as the many issues of the city of Salzburg in Austria, where klippe coin were made in silver and gold for many centuries."

    If it were mine, I would search auction results for the value of the coin. It is in very nice condition as are most. I do not know how many are holed. That is, were most of them holed, or not? I would be curious what you find out about its value. PM would be fine. Good luck.
  • Options
    TRADECOINTRADECOIN Posts: 467 ✭✭
    TTT Thanks
    Viet Nam Vet 66/67.
    Retired Coin Shop Owner .
    Still Collecting
    Love my Grandkids and my German Shepherd Dogs . Kind of like my wifes Cat.
Sign In or Register to comment.