Home Stamps Forum
Options

"Postage Envelopes" help for a currency guy please!

Hello,
I ran across this at a small show and have NO idea of its worth.
I tried to find a likeness in HA's archives with no cigar...
Any help of history and value would be greatly appreciated.
The envelope is all original with full embossing showing through from the printing.

Thank you,

Eddie

Our company name is
Unlimited Currency

Check out our notes listed at
UnlimitedCurrency.net,
Collectors Corner and
Ebay

Ebay ID: UnlimitedCurrency
Email: Unlimited_Currency@yahoo.com

Comments

• Options
    SCDHunterSCDHunter Posts: 686 ✭✭✭
    It looks like a third party vending machine product. Typically, these contained stamps worth a few cents less than the selling price.
  • Options
    I sent a message to beatdown which I will repeat:

I have handled several of these currency envelopes. I haven't seen that design - too bad it isn't imprinted with manufacturer. I suspect there are many similar unreported that were produced by an endless number of small envelope manufacturers.

Anyhow, as unlisted, no imprint, probably worth $750 to $1,000. Dana Linett (Early American History Auctions) is the market maker in these at present and I usually sell to him.

Had about 30 of them in my collection, one I used in exhibit is on the fifth pagehere
    Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com
  • Options
    Amazing that such a nondescript envelope has that much value.
  • Options
    It sure caught me of guard. Thanks Richard for the info. That is the type of thing I would have put in the stack to research later. Now I know. Education is wonderful!
  • Options
    Hi Richard,

Thank you so much for the valuable information!

Eddie
    Our company name is
    Unlimited Currency

Check out our notes listed at
    UnlimitedCurrency.net,
    Collectors Corner and
    Ebay

Ebay ID: UnlimitedCurrency
    Email: Unlimited_Currency@yahoo.com
  • Options

<< <i>I sent a message to beatdown which I will repeat:

I have handled several of these currency envelopes. I haven't seen that design - too bad it isn't imprinted with manufacturer. I suspect there are many similar unreported that were produced by an endless number of small envelope manufacturers.

Anyhow, as unlisted, no imprint, probably worth $750 to $1,000. Dana Linett (Early American History Auctions) is the market maker in these at present and I usually sell to him.

Had about 30 of them in my collection, one I used in exhibit is on the fifth pagehere >>

WOW, I would have thought worthless. So did you rip it Beatdown? image
    Its all relative