Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Public "Thank you" to...

FilamCoins and especially IloiloKano for their generous help with my PI coin adventures. Both went well beyond the call of duty for collector buddies. Good people on the board. image

Also: welcome back Spoon! image
Coinborg: Your distinctive coins will be added to my collection.
BS&T image : kryptonitecomics, PCcoins (2x), Spoon (7x), Coppercolor, Preussen (2x), Filamcoins, agentjim007, CB2597, DCW, 1960NYGiants
Ebay: + <waitin'> NEG: Chameleoncoins
NonBST/Ebay: image Rick's Coins
WTB: Toners, BU Darkside, Sovs & 20 Mark, LMU/SMU Gold.

Comments

• Options
    FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Welcome back!

What'd ya get??

• Options

Nuthin! image

Went to the auction place, 1 or 2 items there, but not enough to make me stick around for 4 hours. Most items were cleaned; if not outright so, then there were at least some surface issues. Always wanted a 4P coin, they had 2, both polished to within an inch of their life. Oddly enough the best coin I saw was a Netherlands 10 Gulden gold piece.

Coins can be found on A. Mabini street, Ermita, in the antiques shops. Nothing special it seems, bowls and dishes full of circ. coins, many heavily corroded. The other venue are Malls, most of which have an antique shop (e.g., Robinson Place, Malate, has Yawasama (sp?), but all coins were heavily polished, the foreign material was in better shape; lots of stamps and currency).

Quezon City Sport club (E. Rodrigues Sr. Street, corner 19th Street, Quezon City), had the monthly Sunday auction. Setup was at 9:30 am, auction at 1:30 pm. About 10 small tables with all sorts of coins, stamps, books, etc. Lots of stuff for currency collectors, quite a few stamps.

Coinborg: Your distinctive coins will be added to my collection.
    BS&T image : kryptonitecomics, PCcoins (2x), Spoon (7x), Coppercolor, Preussen (2x), Filamcoins, agentjim007, CB2597, DCW, 1960NYGiants
    Ebay: + <waitin'> NEG: Chameleoncoins
    NonBST/Ebay: image Rick's Coins
    WTB: Toners, BU Darkside, Sovs & 20 Mark, LMU/SMU Gold.