Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The Official: Larry Bird PSA Set Registry Forum

Larry Legend certainly deserves his own "official" thread, don't you think?

I will be posting some stuff on here for trade or sale soon!
I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !

Comments

• Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Nice, what are some of his tougher cards?
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    81 topps super action east card #101 is a toughie.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    The 1990 Upper Deck Prototype is the holy grail. There are a few very tough foreign issues as well from 1986 and 1987. The 1991 Hoops Video card is difficult to find in NM/MT or better (shamless plug, as I will have a few for sale soon).
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    Here are some for sale.
    gregmo32@aol.com or PM

SHipping will be $1.95 plus .75 each extra card....

1980 Topps Bird/May/Sikma PSA 8 $9
    1980 Topps Bird/Bridgeman/Brewer $9
    1981 Topps #4 PSA 9 $24
    1981 Topps #4 PSA 8 $9 (2)
    1987 Fleer Stickers PSA 8 $9
    1988 Fleer PSA 9 $11
    1989 Fleer Stickers PSA 8 $4
    1990 Fleer ALl STars PSA 10 $14
    1990 Fleer ALl STars PSA 9 $7

1988 SLU PSA 8 $19
    1989 SLU one On One PSA 9 $49
    1989 SLU One on One PSA 7 $7
    1987 Panini ItalianSupersport (with Demol back) PSA 9 $19

1990 HOops Superstars PSA 9 $12
    1991 Skybox Minis PSA 5 $3
    1991 Hoops Video PSA 9 $49
    1991 Hoops Video PSA 9 $14

• Options
    Hi Greg! I definetly think he deserves his own thread image

I have a 1988-89 Fleer PSA 10, love that card image

Also got the all-star card from that same set that I know its a PSA 10, just gotta send it in when I get the chance...
  • Options
    I love all the cards of Bird and Magic. I am still on the hunt for some of the rare stuff. I also posted some Magics for sale on the appropriate forum!
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    the #16 master Bird set under threeguys is for sale, i also have an 86 fleer raw that goes with the set.

let me know if anyone is interested in it or any cards in it.

fred
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    raym8raym8 Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    I am always looking to upgrade cards from the Bird master set.

If anyone has any cards available that would upgrade my set, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Ray

My Bird Set
  • Options
    raym8 - Thank is a GREAT set you put together!!! image I can just imagine the time it must have took you thus far...

You know, I didn't know the Liberty Matchbooks were part of that set! I have one of those and it has never been touched, its all in tact and I would guess it would definetly grade a PSA 10, it is BRAND NEW image How do I go about getting that bad boy graded? They grade matchbooks? Never saw one graded...
  • Options
    raym8raym8 Posts: 150 ✭✭✭

<< <i>raym8 - Thank is a GREAT set you put together!!! image I can just imagine the time it must have took you thus far... You know, I didn't know the Liberty Matchbooks were part of that set! I have one of those and it has never been touched, its all in tact and I would guess it would definetly grade a PSA 10, it is BRAND NEW image How do I go about getting that bad boy graded? They grade matchbooks? Never saw one graded... >>

The Liberty Matchbooks were never partof the set until just recently when someone must have requested them added. Personally, I don' think matchbooks have any place in a card set, but as long as it brings in revenue for PSA, they'll allow just about anything in a master set.

If you have any interest in selling the matchbook raw, let me know. I've never submitted a matchbook to PSA before, so I'm not sure how you would submit it.
  • Options
    I have a Skybox Larry Bird 1992 card number 16. Is this an error card? The card is with a bunch of hall of famers like Jordan and Magic with multiple cards from same year?
  • Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭
    I know its not the BST board, but if anyone has a psa 9 '87 Fleer Bird for sale let me know - working on that set and I know thats a tougher one.
    Pete
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Options
    JasonM32JasonM32 Posts: 170 ✭✭
    Bird is one of my favorites as well. Second only to Magic. I still get a lot of enjoyment when I watch his old games and highlights. I recently started working on PSA Basic and Master sets of the Legend. Wish me luck because it's going to be a long and expensive journey.

Bernie Kosar collector

• Options
    Jason,

Welcome to the boards!
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    The Liberty Matchbooks were never partof the set until just recently when someone must have requested them added. Personally, I don' think matchbooks have any place in a card set, but as long as it brings in revenue for PSA, they'll allow just about anything in a master set.

i agree, it getting tougher and tougher to keep up. i think i'll let my master set sit where it is and just add major issues as they come up. i would like to finish my basic set though. i need 2 cards for that, 92 hoops-92 stadium club if any one has those in psa 9 or better let me know
    thanks
    fred
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    I'm trying to focus on completing the basic set first and adding master set cards when I can. I would prefer that we don't add stuff to the master sets like matchbooks but at the end of the day it's not my decision so I'll live with it.

Bernie Kosar collector

• Options
    I am in favor of any CARD entering the master sets, no matter how obscure. I don't think tickets or matchbooks or coins or (fill in the blank) qualify. I think with Bird and Magic, there are still dozens of legitimate cards that could still be entered...
  • Options
    If anyone has any Bird items that would upgrade my set (currently ranked #4), please let me know. I have some extra PSA Bird cards available for those wishing to upgrade their sets.

1987 Panini Supersport Italian #140 PSA 9
    1990 Panini Sticker #135 PSA 10
    1990 Panini Spanish Sticker #4 PSA 9
    1990 Panini Spanish Sticker #203 PSA 9

I also have a 1990 Panini Sticker #H and #L in BGS 9.5 which might crossover to a PSA 9 or PSA 10.

It's great to see a Larry Bird thread.
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS: BKritz; Akuracy503; Rogermjn; MBMiller25; Artimus; JasonM32; Burke23; Alnavman; InitialD; Gregmo32; Ping4u43; Rbdjr1; Rexvos; Drewsef; Italianstallionyankees; Zep33; Samsgirl214; Bunker; Swartz1; MeteoriteGuy; Itzagoner; VitoCo1972; Saucywombat; RaptorsRule04; Dboneesq; Hallco; ldferg; Hawaii76; Epatmythes; Vladguerrero; Calaban7; Cardcounter2; BobS; Recbball; BarkusD; ShootyBabitt: WalterSobchak; Mrmint23; Nightcrawler729
  • Options

<< <i>I am in favor of any CARD entering the master sets, no matter how obscure. I don't think tickets or matchbooks or coins or (fill in the blank) qualify. I think with Bird and Magic, there are still dozens of legitimate cards that could still be entered... >>

I believe in adding any card made by a legit manufacturer. I'm not a fan, however, of cheap unlicensed cards. Also, by including stuff other than cards we are also opening the door for all kinds of other nonsense that may have the athletes name or face on it. We have matchbooks and magnets. What's next? If you want to have that stuff graded then so be it, but I don't believe it belongs in the Master Set. Especially when some legitmate cards are not in the Master Set.

This is my opinion.

Bernie Kosar collector

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>raym8 - Thank is a GREAT set you put together!!! image I can just imagine the time it must have took you thus far... You know, I didn't know the Liberty Matchbooks were part of that set! I have one of those and it has never been touched, its all in tact and I would guess it would definetly grade a PSA 10, it is BRAND NEW image How do I go about getting that bad boy graded? They grade matchbooks? Never saw one graded... >>

If you have any interest in selling the matchbook raw, let me know. I've never submitted a matchbook to PSA before, so I'm not sure how you would submit it. >>

Not interestead in selling at this time, but if I want to move it in the future, I sure now were to look first. Just wanted to know how I would go about grading it...
  • Options
    Does anybody need any of these? Make me a trade offer too if you prefer...

gregmo32@aol.com or PM

SHipping will be $1.95 plus .75 each extra card....

1980 Topps Bird/May/Sikma PSA 8 $9
    1980 Topps Bird/Bridgeman/Brewer $9
    1981 Topps #4 PSA 9 $24
    1981 Topps #4 PSA 8 $9 (2)
    1987 Fleer Stickers PSA 8 $9
    1988 Fleer PSA 9 $11
    1989 Fleer Stickers PSA 8 $4
    1990 Fleer ALl STars PSA 10 $14
    1990 Fleer ALl STars PSA 9 $7

1988 SLU PSA 8 $19
    1989 SLU one On One PSA 9 $49
    1989 SLU One on One PSA 7 $7
    1987 Panini ItalianSupersport (with Demol back) PSA 9 $19

1990 HOops Superstars PSA 9 $12
    1991 Skybox Minis PSA 5 $3
    1991 Hoops Video PSA 9 $49
    1991 Hoops Video PSA 9 $14
  • Options
    Has anyone heard any more about the Matchbooks issue?
  • Options
    Hey Greg,

I believe these mathbooks came in different colors. I actually came across mine a few days ago and its still in perfect condition. I will try to find you an example...
  • Options
    I'm not sure about Larry Bird, because I have only seen mine, but I would guess its the same thing like this.... Ebay auction linky

Maybe there are 10 different Bird's too?
  • Options
    I think there are 10 different colors. I knew there were a lot, is it 10?
  • Options
    More than likely, it should be 10. There is also another Bird matchbook, the one from his restaurant. Let me find it...
  • Options
    Its only $2.50 right now if you want it... Ebay listing

Not my listing by the way. I actually have two of these matchbooks are they are both 100% in tact, I bought both of them from the same seller, he had two. I have no idea where they are right now, but I did locate the 1980 Liberty one...
  • Options
    I have a green version of the 1980 Liberty Matchbook at PSA right now. I have a person in CA that finds me a lot of this oddball stuff. He found me a raw 1991 Skybox "Mark & See" mini, I sent it in, and it was a PSA 10. I don't know what to expect on this matchbook. The matches are out and I sent it in flat (just like the Yaz ones EB22 posted in an Ebay link). The price was worth a shot. Columbia City Collectibles had at least 10 different colors of the Larry Bird matchbook available. I personally don't think matchbooks belong in the master set. I will post the results when I hear from PSA (I'm still waiting on a submission they received July 20th). For those interested, I can send a scan to their e-mail address.
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS: BKritz; Akuracy503; Rogermjn; MBMiller25; Artimus; JasonM32; Burke23; Alnavman; InitialD; Gregmo32; Ping4u43; Rbdjr1; Rexvos; Drewsef; Italianstallionyankees; Zep33; Samsgirl214; Bunker; Swartz1; MeteoriteGuy; Itzagoner; VitoCo1972; Saucywombat; RaptorsRule04; Dboneesq; Hallco; ldferg; Hawaii76; Epatmythes; Vladguerrero; Calaban7; Cardcounter2; BobS; Recbball; BarkusD; ShootyBabitt: WalterSobchak; Mrmint23; Nightcrawler729
  • Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    nary a pic in this thread...somebody spruce it up...
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options

<< <i>I have a green version of the 1980 Liberty Matchbook at PSA right now. I have a person in CA that finds me a lot of this oddball stuff. He found me a raw 1991 Skybox "Mark & See" mini, I sent it in, and it was a PSA 10. I don't know what to expect on this matchbook. The matches are out and I sent it in flat (just like the Yaz ones EB22 posted in an Ebay link). The price was worth a shot. Columbia City Collectibles had at least 10 different colors of the Larry Bird matchbook available. I personally don't think matchbooks belong in the master set. I will post the results when I hear from PSA (I'm still waiting on a submission they received July 20th). For those interested, I can send a scan to their e-mail address. >>

WOW, good luck with your Bird! I have never seen a graded version image

About those mini Skybox, are you talking about the ones that came in patato chip bags in Canada? Those little minis that came is clear plastic individual sealed? If so, I have about 40 or 50 of those all sealed. I think I have a Jordan, but definetly the Bird and many others. One day i'll probably get around to opening them and hopefully getting for PSA 10's.

Please show a scan of the matchbook when you get it and good luck with your grade!
  • Options
    EB22, send me your e-mail and I'll send a scan of both the mini and the mark & see mini.
  • Options

<< <i>EB22, send me your e-mail and I'll send a scan of both the mini and the mark & see mini. >>

PM sent!
  • Options
    No the Mark and See Minis came inside Little GOlden Books USA Basketball books in perforated sheets. They are one of the most impossible to find high grade singles out there.
  • Options

<< <i>No the Mark and See Minis came inside Little GOlden Books USA Basketball books in perforated sheets. They are one of the most impossible to find high grade singles out there. >>

Oh... Sounds like a cool card! Never seen one of these, anybody got any scans? Thanks for the info!