PM WITH SERIOUS OFFERS ONLY

Thanks
Mark

looks almost like my 1936 S/S BUFFALO NICKEL

Comments

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Mark,

how about a photo of the coin, not just the mm?

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    MJHMJH Posts: 538 ✭✭

fcloud,
    here you go

• Options
    Mark:

FYI:

These are actually quite common; nearly 1/3 the mintage has these.
  • Options

flykite,

Just curious, If thats the case why are there only 2 graded by PCGS ??

and why does only 1 of the 22 registry sets have one in there set ??

Just wondering
    Mark
  • Options
    Mark:

RPM and other varieties for Franklins have only been recognized by PCGS fairly recently. It has taken a better part of a year for the Bugs Bunny coins to come out of the woodwork. Same is true for the 1959 DD's. Minor RPM's have little premium market value, and with this series absolutely left for dead right now, the economics doesn't work for submission. In my 40 years of collecting Franklins, it has been harder for me to find "clean" S 1949's. At one time, I has an UNC ROLL of these; as a whole, they tend to be poorly struck. Hope this helps.

Ed
  • Options
    Ed,

Are you referring to the RPM #1 or RPM # 2
    According to the CHERRY PICKERS GUIDE
    The RPM # 2 has a URS SCALE rating of 5
    which is only 9 to 16 known
    Anacs has graded this variety for years.

Anacs has graded 6
    Pcgs has graded 2
    NGC ??

Thanks
    Mark
  • Options
    Mark:

I don't follow the RPM's that closely; unless it is a major S/S (like the 1951) they just don't have a market. I have been fighting (PCGS) for years concerning the 1958 and 1959P reverse die varieties (there are 3). Talk about rare! The 1958 type 2 (in FBL) is rarer than the '53-S!

Ed
  • Options
    This is a pretty scarce RPM. Of all my searching I've only found one example. Most RPMs in the series don't have much of a premium but the ones in the CPG do have a decent premium in Gem condition, mainly this one and the '53-S/S. The '57-D/D isn't as tough to find but still has a premium.