Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

CU Fantasy Football League 2009

Well, football season is getting closer which means it’s time for some fantasy football. I know last year MeteoriteGuy was in charge of the league. I don’t think he is as active with the message board as he was last year. I would be more than happy to take the reins this year. I enjoyed the head to head format as last year and I think we should keep it the same way. However, we should only keep it to 14 teams this year. Players seemed to run thin by the end of the draft with a 16 or 18 team league.

I think that we should also keep it interesting and have everyone wager two (2) $25 PSA cards. This keeps everyone motivated to participate all the way through the season. If you are seriously interested please post a reply and send me a pm. I will start the ball rolling and get the league setup and figure out the payouts.

Comments

• thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I'll play again, just send me the league info via PM.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191
    I'd also be interested!
  • jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    ttt
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be glad to whip your collective butts if you'll have me image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • I'll play..

count me in...let me know when and where the draft is.

Do we use the chat feature here?
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    I'm in. Just send me the info.

Thanks

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • ndleondleo Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in. Wouldn't cash make it easier?
    Mike
  • corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    J, you are playing in my league so I'll play in yours too. Just pm me the info. I would also rather do cash than 2 $25 cards if that is ok.

I will, however, accept all forms of payment after I win the league.
  • PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    I'll give it a go. I could use a few extra $25 cards for my collection.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Last year's final standings :

1. The Meteorites
    2. Wolfbear
    3. So. Central Rockcats
    4. Rugby's Marines
    5. Gator
    6. Der Meister
    7. DZnuts
    8. lsutigers
    9. Twin City Phantoms
    10. thenavarro
    11. DES1984
    12. jimq
    13. X-Factor
    14. Fighting Ditka's
    15. Get out of my Trees
    16. Dr J's Ballers

With Mark gone, I've got a chance to win it all this year ...
    Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • fujfuj Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    I'll play again. Good idea to not go with the 16 team league again. Are you going to use default yahoo settings?
  • mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    If there is room, I would be interested. LMK.

------
    stupid print dots

2 spots left
  • gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll jump on one spot, my league last year went to heck as a majority were friends and they "fixed" the league after it started.
    1 Spot left.
    Pm's sent with leauge info
  • jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    If you still have a spot I'm in
    0 spots left. (SoldOut)
    Well, every single person can't make the draft time that I picked. Unless I change the time I will be drafting by myself. image Please make a list of what days and times that are good for you and I will do my best to work around everyone’s schedule.
    Yo, I can make it to any draft time, any draft day. My schedule doesn't rule me, I rule my schedule!
  • Please put me in as first alternate should someone drop out? Thanks!
    1964 stand ups
    1975 mini's
    1954 Wilson Franks
  • gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Friday evening/nite Aug 21st or 28th? 9 or 10 pm eastern time? maybe this will work?
    or
    Monday evening/nite Aug 24th or 31st? Same time about 9pm or 10pm eastern?
    I am good Sunday to Thursday from 9:00 pm eastern on.

Thanks

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • leftofdialleftofdial Posts: 442 ✭✭
    I'll be a second alternate in case someone can't do it - the return of the Rockcats is in serious doubt right now !
    I am still waiting for a few people to respond with what time is best for them. Also, if you were in the top 14 and have not signed up yet with the Yahoo league can you please do so.
    Any weekday evening is best for me for the next few weeks, as I am traveling three weekends in a row.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Count me in if there's a spot available or if one becomes available. I doubt I'll be able to do as well as I've been doing in one of the CU Fantasy Baseball Leagues, but what the heck...
  • PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    I can make it anytime except Mon-Thurs evenings. Otherwise I am free. Sundays are the best.

Sam
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Whenever you decide to have the draft is ok with me. If I can't be available, it'll autopick.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    Ditto what Mike said. If I can't make it, I'll autopick.

------
    stupid print dots

• leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191
    let's just set a date if people want in they will either draft or auto pick... if someone wants out it looks like several others are ready to jump in!
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Darn it...missed out. Still kinda here.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.

<< <i>let's just set a date if people want in they will either draft or auto pick... if someone wants out it looks like several others are ready to jump in! >>

Sounds good, I will update the date and time in the next few hours.
  • jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Darn it...missed out. Still kinda here. >>

Mark, if you want to do a league I'm in for sure. You did a great job last year, I really enjoyed it. There's enough people here who missed out and would join your league.

LMK, I'd be glad to join!

jim
    The new Fantasy football draft time is Monday August 24th at 7:30 pm Central. I tried to accommodate as many people as I could with this time. If you have not signed into the Yahoo league yet please do so.
    I tried several different ways on working the pay outs but the best way seems to just have a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. The first place team will win 8 cards. The second place team will win 6 cards, and the third place team will win 4 cards.

We could also set it up so that the 3rd place team only gets 2 cards and the 4th place team breaks even. Please let me know what you guys think of the payouts.

<< <i>I tried several different ways on working the pay outs but the best way seems to just have a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. The first place team will win 8 cards. The second place team will win 6 cards, and the third place team will win 4 cards.

We could also set it up so that the 3rd place team only gets 2 cards and the 4th place team breaks even. Please let me know what you guys think of the payouts. >>

I think you have your math wrong. If you were to pay out to the top 3 teams, we would have 22 cards as prizes right? You're only accounting for 18 above.

If you want to expand to the top 4 (which would be nice since we have 14 teams playing) there would be 20 cards available. I gotta get to a mtg now but I'll post a couple suggestions later.

<< <i>I tried several different ways on working the pay outs but the best way seems to just have a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. The first place team will win 8 cards. The second place team will win 6 cards, and the third place team will win 4 cards.

We could also set it up so that the 3rd place team only gets 2 cards and the 4th place team breaks even. Please let me know what you guys think of the payouts. >>

J,
    Since I paid cash how is that going to effect the pool. Ie.- is it 2 cards that vcp for $50 or is is two cards that have SMR's of $25 each?
    Oh, I'm an idiot. I figured the standings with using 12 teams only. A mind is a terrible thing to waste image
    Corvette - If I win, I want a Mantle sock included in my payout. image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
    Here is a list of the standing and who will pay off whom at the end of the season in regards to their position. I think we are still waiting for two people to sign up. If they have not signed in by the end of the day Thursday I am going to have to invite an alternate to play.

1st- (14,13,12,11) - 8 cards
    2nd-(10, 9, 8,)- 6 cards
    3rd-(7,6)- 4 cards
    4th- (5)- 2 cards

<< <i>Corvette - If I win, I want a Mantle sock included in my payout. image >>

lol, you got it. I'll put a card inside one of my socks and then on the inside of another sock, both "game" worn by me of course.

<< <i>Here is a list of the standing and who will pay off whom at the end of the season in regards to their position. I think we are still waiting for two people to sign up. If they have not signed in by the end of the day Thursday I am going to have to invite an alternate to play.

2nd-(10, 9, 8,)- 6 cards
    3rd-(7,6)- 4 cards
    4th- (5)- 2 cards >>

invite Don Spence.
  • kidzfundkidzfund Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    If it's not too late, can I be an alternate?

Joe

<< <i>Here is a list of the standing and who will pay off whom at the end of the season in regards to their position. I think we are still waiting for two people to sign up. If they have not signed in by the end of the day Thursday I am going to have to invite an alternate to play.

2nd-(10, 9, 8,)- 6 cards
    3rd-(7,6)- 4 cards
    4th- (5)- 2 cards >>

Sounds good to me.

<< <i>

2nd-(10, 9, 8,)- 6 cards
    3rd-(7,6)- 4 cards
    4th- (5)- 2 cards >>

Sounds good to me. >>

Me too.

baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • I'd still love to play and I think I'm down as the 2nd in line to be an alternate if people don't end up signing up. My team was the Rockcats last year and I had a blast!
    Steve
    I just wanted to remind everyone that our draft is tomorrow night. We still have one spot open. If you are interested in playing please send me a PM.
  • PM sent
    Cory
    ----------------------
    Working on:
    Football
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (99.81%)
    1976 Topps PSA 9+ (36.36%)
    1977 Topps PSA 9+ (100%)

Baseball
    1938 Goudey (56.25%)
    1951 Topps Redbacks PSA 8 (100%)
    1952 Bowman PSA 7+ (63.10%)