Home Stamps Forum

Variety and an Error ... Could someone help ?

SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
The first is the center Washington, Look at the eyes and brow ... Someone told me it's listed ,
my catalog is so old it wasn't listed. I can take a better pic if needed.
Second one is a neet miss perf, turn salvage into four cent stamp, I have the rest somewhere
the other side of the sheet has no denomination stamps
So I need help on the first and hope you enough the second.

Comments

• For the 3c stamp #720, it shows a listing for recut face (20986 UR 15). Value mint is $2.00. Scott's says nothing about stamps printed before the recut. Your's also appears to be from a lower pane.

The second is a very good example of the paper being fed through the perf machine incorrectly, leaving a slightly diagonal perf to probably a full sheet. My book of errors is currently on loan to the local stamp club and I won't be able to access it for another week. Maybe someone else has the book.
  • I have an old book somewhere... I don't think this technically a listed error... but maybe I'm wrong(the flags that is)
  • My 1998 Errors on US Postage Stamps says something misperfed to this degree could be valued between $20 to $40 per stamp.
  • SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Close up pic of the recut (non recut) washington looks like it hasn't been recut ???