Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

FSHO: (2007) Jefferson $1 Missing Edge Lettering Error PCGS MS67

illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
(2007) Jefferson $1 Missing Edge Lettering Error PCGS MS67 - ***PRICE REDUCED TO $3500***

Please note that although this coin is in a “mint error” holder, it can be added to the PCGS Registry sets as they allow “error” coins in the Presidential Dollar series. To my knowledge there is only one PCGS MS68 out there so upgrading this coin would be very tough.

imageimage

PCGS Guide has this at $5000 right now, but the lack of reliable sales history makes it somewhat tough to price/value this coin. In my searching I have seen no examples of this coin sold on either Heritage or Teletrade ever. Currently on eBay I can find only three Jefferson missing edge lettering coins available:

(2007) Jefferson MEL PCGS MS65 for $5400 or best offer
(2007) Jefferson MEL PCGS MS65 for $2900 buy it now
(2007) Jefferson MEL PCGS MS66 First Day of Issue for $14,999 or best offer!

Based on what I see available on the market now, I believe that my asking price for a higher graded MS67 is very very reasonable, just looking for a quick sale to fund another purchase. Overall, I think this is a nice coin in a really cool PCGS edge view holder. Not a perfect coin of course (as it's MS67 and not an MS70), but very appropriate for the grade in my opinion, has a small ding on the edge that is visible only because of the edge view holder but the coin surfaces are pristine and it’s difficult to see any marks on the fields. Sorry I don't have a picture of the edge, but there's nothing there anyways image

Includes USPS Registered shipping and insurance. Let me know if you have any questions or comments or if you’d like me to try to get some additional photos. Reasonable offers will be considered as well. Thanks!!!

Comments