Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Redstick Barber Halves For Sale

I am offering my Registry set of Barber Halves - the Redstick Collection - for sale intact. Pictures of each coin are available at
Redstick Barber Halves. If I do not find a buyer for the whole set, I am planning to offer individual coins starting in early October. In the meantime, I'd like to get a feel for the level of interest, both in the whole set and individual coins. Comments and questions are welcomed. Mike

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice set of Barber halves. I can see why it took so long to complete.
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful coins!image
    I especially like the 1913-P.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice set! Bravoimage
  • Options
    Very nice. I'm just starting out on Barber Halves and as much as I would like to acquire the entire set, limited funds would preclude that right now. However, if/when you do start to disperse them individually, could you please make note of my ID and LMK when you'll be doing this in Oct. I would be very much interested in possibly picking up some anyway.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Thank you so much, and your dime set is extraordinary! What a great endeavor! Best wishes to you in completing your goal.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the compliments everyone! Believe it or not, I searched for 8 years for a VF 04-S, and Brian Greer found a raw coin for me. At that time, I only had a few coins in my set, and they were mostly raw. I had a few ANACS coins too back then. Well I sent the 04S in to PCGS, and it slabbed as VF20. Then I thought, "OK I have the key coin, now I should finish the set in PCGS VF or better". HA! I soon found out that these coins are harder to find than I anticipated, and some of the dates I had trouble with are supposed to be "easy". Maybe raw, but not in a PCGS holder. Of course I have learned that the 1905-O is practically non-existant in a pCGS VF or XF holder. Other dates that surprised me were 1895-S, 1896, 1901, 1904-O, 1908, 1910-S, and 1913-D.

It has been a blast collecting these, and I truly feel that mid-grade Barbers that meet PCGS standards are extremely undervalued today. Can you imagine what these would be worth if their true potential was realized. I think about modern grade "rarities", such as proof state quarters in PF70 DCAM with pops of "only 70" or so, that sell for several hundred to over a thousand, and I have to appreciate my Barber Halves with pops below 10!

I will post an announcement here when I am ready to offer the coins individually. I will start entertaining offers after Labor Day. I am selling this set because I have lost interest in it, and have gone on to collecting more Seated coins. What a great hobby we have! Mike
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

Mike - See you still have been having a problem with the 05-O - its a tough coin, that's for sure.

Its going to be difficult to sell the set whole - very nice set as well - and as we discussed before,

you'd be better off selling off the coins individually [ Not what you want to hear - but the most

beneficial to you. ]

Shot me a PM with your ASK price...I can make some inquiries for you.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options

email sent.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    If you enable your PM you might be able to communicate with us easier. image
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the 1913-P for sale?
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options

The owner of the Red Stick Collection, Mike Planchard
    and I have sucessfully completed negotiations for the
    purchase of this Barber Half Dollar collection.

Within a week or so, I should have possession of this
    beautiful set. I plan on merging in a few of my mid range
    coins which are of a higher grade than contained in this
    new set, which will be called the Elbesaar Collection.

I want to sincerely thank Mike for working with me
    on the purchase of this collection.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    DrPeteDrPete Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭
    Mike,

Congrats. That is a great set for you to pick up. I know it will be in good hands and will get better from the combination of your coins and the coins from this set.

Dr. Pete
  • Options

<< <i>I am offering my Registry set of Barber Halves - the Redstick Collection - for sale intact. Pictures of each coin are available at
    Redstick Barber Halves. If I do not find a buyer for the whole set, I am planning to offer individual coins starting in early October. In the meantime, I'd like to get a feel for the level of interest, both in the whole set and individual coins. Comments and questions are welcomed. Mike >>

The anticipation is killing me !!!

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I am offering my Registry set of Barber Halves - the Redstick Collection - for sale intact. Pictures of each coin are available at
    Redstick Barber Halves. If I do not find a buyer for the whole set, I am planning to offer individual coins starting in early October. In the meantime, I'd like to get a feel for the level of interest, both in the whole set and individual coins. Comments and questions are welcomed. Mike >>

The anticipation is killing me !!! >>

I've updated my set " Elbesaar Barber Halves " to include the
    Red Stick Collection. I had some coins in higher grades than the
    new set, and those higher graded coins are registered in this set;
    I have also attached the images of the coins from the Red Stick
    Collection, for comparison purposes.

Here's the link to The Elbesaar Collection of Barber Halves

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    I have had the pleasure of finally examining this collection
    and am beyond pleased with this purchase. I was able to merge
    in some of my duplicates and as a result my VF/XF raw set is
    also finally completed as well.

Although "The Red Stick" Collection did not contain a 1905-O Half,
    I had a really nice F-15 which I have had in my collection from time
    to time over the past few years.

From time to time, I plan on upgrading a few of the coins - as well as
    down grading a few as well.

EDIT : First upgrade was the 1905-O IN PCGS 40 from Manorcourtman - Thanks, Chris.

Thanks again, Mike Planchard, you were a joy to do business with.
    I strongly recommend Mike on any future purchase.

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases