Sincerely

The real #34

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather have Cliff Lee.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Of course you do, had Halladay been traded you would have said "I'd rather have halladay"

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I still believe it is just amatter of time before Halladay breaks down due to excessive innings pitched in the last 5 years. I too would rather have Cliff Lee on my team.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Of course you do, had Halladay been traded you would have said "I'd rather have halladay"

Steve >>

I'm not saying Halladay isn't good because of course he's a dam good pitcher, and I would have been very happy with either one...but all things considered with Toronto asking for too many good Phillies prospects, I'd rather have Cliff Lee who the Phillies gave up squat for...and all that factors into my comment of who I'd rather have.

Fortunately, the Phillies I believe have the finest front office in MLB and consider the long term consequences of any deal, unlike the Pets who seem to give little consideration to the long term consequences of their deals, because they probably figure they can just throw money out there and buy their way out of any mistakes - that doesn't work any longer and being 10 games out in July illustrates that.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    Cliff Lee is going to get shelled in the NL! Just sayin...
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Cliff Lee is going to get shelled in the NL! Just sayin... >>

But he was awesome last year!

Sincerely 2009
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭

If you consider 5 hits and 1 run "shelled" then yes, Cliff is going to get shelled....

shelled with confetti during the parade!

BAM
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    why would Lee get shelled in the National League, where the lineups are clearly inferior to those he faced in the American League?

He'll excel in Philly....
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Lee will probably do good in the NL, but to say one would rather have him over Halladay is pure folly.

Good for you.
  • Options

sincerely

no clueimage
    Collector Focus

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Lee will probably do good in the NL, but to say one would rather have him over Halladay is pure folly. >>

Exactly.

Halladay has a bad outing and people are actually talking like he is not the best pitcher in the majors? image

Like Bill said I definatly believe he will be breaking down sometime soon because of all those innings- same thing with CC.

• Options
    Don't fool yourself though, You would have been happy with ROY too, that was a good problem to have.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sincerely

The real #34 >>

You forget Halladay was injured prior to the All-Star break and he hasn't been himself since.

I know the Jays aren't that good this year, but I think Halladay still isn't 100%.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    greinke i believe will still win cy young...i hope.
    -----------------------
    the Boz
  • Options

<< <i>greinke i believe will still win cy young...i hope. >>

Not likely. The peeps that actually get a vote seemed to have forgotten about Greinke. When's the last time you heard anything about him on Sportscenter other than "Taking the mound for the Royals tonight was Zack Greinke"?
  • Options
    matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    I'd rather have Derek Holland and Neftali Feliz.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options
    Over Halladay? I wouldn't them 1 or 2 inning guys come around all the time throwing 95+.
    Fe;iz is nice but I take a work horse starter that doesn't come around all that often.
    Collector Focus

• Options
    matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    Feliz is going to be an ace. He is just working in relief right now, similar to what the Rays did with Price last year. Holland will better than Roy Boy too. Book it. There is a reason that Toronto wanted both of those guys plus Justin Smoak who is the next Mark Teixeira.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders