Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I need a few coins dipped any takers..

I will pay $10 for anyone that knows how to dip bullion and get not milk spots off but other spots.. Pm if you are interested.. Now remember only the experience..

Comments

• Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you try MS70 cleaner?
  • Options
    CaptainRonCaptainRon Posts: 1,189 ✭✭
    Dude it's simple

Pour some of this on the coin

Rub it real good with one of these

Then dry it off in one of these

Where's my 10 Bucks
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Assemble all supplies before dipping! Always hold coin by edges only!

Get small bottle silver jewelry cleaner with dipping basket.
    Place coin in basket, and dip quicly into and out of solution.
    Immediately rinse under running tap water. Rotate and be sure all surfaces and edges are well rinsed.
    Dip in 90% rubbing alcohol [CAUTION FLAMABLE]
    Blow dry with compressed air.
    Place on soft cotton cloth to allow any left over alcohol to dry.
    Send $10 to itsnotjustme.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    Ron!
  • Options
    WinLoseWinWinLoseWin Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Dude it's simple

Pour some of this on the coin

Rub it real good with one of these

Then dry it off in one of these

Where's my 10 Bucks >>

I followed those instructions, but i'm not sure if my Gem Brown Unc 1812 looks quite as good as it used to.

"To Be Esteemed Be Useful" - 1792 Birch Cent --- "I personally think we developed language because of our deep need to complain." - Lily Tomlin

• Options
    If its Bullion who cares? I dont even look at my Bullion coins other than to make sure they are still there. They are not really coins anyway just a way to obtain a certain amount of precious metal.
  • Options
    DieClashDieClash Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If its Bullion who cares? I dont even look at my Bullion coins other than to make sure they are still there. They are not really coins anyway just a way to obtain a certain amount of precious metal. >>

An interesting observation and I suppose somewhat true, but how do you explain the premiums on the secondary market for these so-called "non-coins"? For example the 1996 ASE that retails between $55 & $60 these days. Compare that to the $22 prices for some "common" ASEs from other years. Now compare both to current bullion market prices for silver. Methinks these ASEs are more than just "bullion coins". And it would appear that the market agrees with me. image

As to the OP, I use e-Z-est on BU silver. Swish 'em in the liquid for no more than 15 seconds, rinse in tap water, another rinse in distilled water, pat dry and a quick dip in acetone and then soft terry cloth after to pat 'em dry again. Works pretty good for me. You can PM me for where to send the $10. image

EDITED: to add, if you have any 1996 ASEs, I'd be happy to take them off your hands for spot plus 10%. Just PM me!image
    "Please help us keep these boards professional and informative…. And fun." - DW
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES
  • Options
    CaptainRonCaptainRon Posts: 1,189 ✭✭

I followed those instructions, but i'm not sure if my Gem Brown Unc 1812 looks quite as good as it used to.

image >>

That photo must have been manipulated and juiced. Clearly you are trying to slander me and my technique.

You will now recieve a very disturbing PM, and I shall rant for a few hundred posts, on how big of an idiot you areimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file