Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Question on PCGS

dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
Do the graders and/or shipping department work on Saturday or are they closed on the weekends?image
image...There's always time for coin collecting. image

Comments

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    I think it depends.

I have had coin grades post on Saturday where I submitted express.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if graders dream about coins on their days off. How many do they see over and over again in their head in the still of the night ? Do they get "lack of motion" sickness ? I have many questions, too.
  • Options

<< <i>I wonder if graders dream about coins on their days off. How many do they see over and over again in their head in the still of the night ? Do they get "lack of motion" sickness ? I have many questions, too. >>

I wonder what music they listen to on their iPods or even if they are allowed to listen to music. Maybe one could be jammin' out to Ray Charles while the other is listening to Metallica.
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Sometimes the graders will grade coins on weekends especially if there is a backlog, but everybody else stays home on weekends.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    DonWillisDonWillis Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    There are usually a few graders working on Saturday. We only ship M-F.
  • Options
    YaHaYaHa Posts: 4,220
    They grade 24hrs a day and 360 days a year. Now how hard is it to ask a Monkey to push a number grade button..

It's a pretty simple grading system... If a coin is graded a Ms 66/67 a Banana drops, this means all rules/specs were done correctly.. If the coin is graded a Ms 65 a bag of Planter Peanuts drops, not bad, but probably alot of gas in the grading room..

Anything below or at Ms 64 the monkey is rewarded with 2hrs of Jerry Springer and maybe Unsweeten Ice tea during the program..

But here's where it gets real bad.. If a monkey sees a problem coin and tries to put a grade on it and sneak it through other than a "GENUINE" slab, a Banana drops but the monkey get shocked and must grade 5 more while his hair is still smoking, without getting a food prize. So Kudo's to PCGS for working the grading system to it's full extent..

BTW: In no way am I calling the graders at PCGS monkeys, but just think if the rules applied to humans in which the monkeys must go through maybe things would be much better.. Whatca you think..image
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's a pretty simple grading system... If a coin is graded a Ms 66/67 a Banana drops, this means all rules/specs were done correctly.. If the coin is graded a Ms 65 a bag of Planter Peanuts drops, not bad, but probably alot of gas in the grading room... >>

Ever notice how posts are way more fun on Friday night? I wonder why.
    Lance.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file