Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

A great TTM response (for me at least!)

I sent out a group of TTMs last week. A few ex-LSU guys that I didn't have, a few soccer guys. Surprisingly, I hadn't received anything back.

Until today.

Most of the time, I send a brief note on a note card, "big fan, good luck with the season, please sign my TTM, blah blah...."

I sent a request to Karl Dunbar, a former LSU defensive great, and current D Line coach with the Minnesota Vikings. I sent a little letter to Mr. Dunbar instead of my regular note.

I told him about the time that I met him. I was an 11 year old kid, who went to "nerd camp" at LSU every summer, and take enrichment classes, stay in the dorms, etc. One day, I was eating lunch at one of the campus cafeterias. (What's the plural of cafeteria?) Sometimes the football team would eat there as well. Apparently, the football players were not allowed to wear their baseball caps when they ate. On this day, a few of the players were giving a particular pudgy, nerdy kid a hard time about wearing his cap at lunch. Sheepishly, I removed my cap. I was flustered, as you can imagine.

One of the players, grabbed his tray and came and set down with me and my pals. He introduced himself as Karl Dunbar, who at the time was the defensive star of the LSU team. It definitely made my day. Ended up being one of my better LSU memories.

Anyway, I received my TTM response today. In addition to the signed card, he sent me his business card. How cool is that?

My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.

Comments

• RobbRobb Posts: 2,034
    It's in the game. TM
    imageRIP
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    WHAT A GREAT DAY FOR YOU!!!!

That is AWESOME! TTMs can be a LOT of fun, especially when you have a special story to connect with the player.

PS: I think you can still make out his telephone number!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Good call! Fixing that now!
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.