Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Anybody mail in pwe?

Once again faced with medium level priced cards that go for low prices--ie $8-$12 Game Used in all sports--

On ebay they may or may not sell for .99--i did send a bunch to COMC 8 months ago but those sales

have slowed and listing an $8.00 card for $2.00 then getting an offer of 1/2 brings it to $1.00 yet again.

Toying with the idea of just listing .99 on all gu and autos and charging .75 to ship in a PWE--if it gets destroyed what am i out?---

if more than 1 person actually bids i can always offer to ship in padded envelope(minimum expense of $2.00-$2.25) b4 gas---

Anybody got any other thoughts?---i am currently running a couple of auctions but those also are doing less and less as the economy

slowly continues to sink---i also donate a bunch of cards from time to time, but mostly even worse junk that what was mentioned--

The PWE sounds better everyday--whats the unforeseen here?--the drawback?

Comments

• storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    "...The PWE sounds better everyday--whats the unforeseen here?--the drawback?."

/////////////////////

LOTS of destroyed cards.

LOTS of NEG FB and low DSR-Stars.

LOTS of PayPal claims and refunds.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭
    Only way to sell junk is to put it together in a lot. Try to get $20 for 25+ cards, to make it shipping feasible. People are happy with good deals (low prices) and your FB and DSR stars shouldn't suffer.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    I agree with GAMEUSED.

Why not put a few 20 card lots together, charge $25.00 delivered and list them on THIS SITE!

If they are decent items I am sure you would sell quite a few without having to go thru the eBay BS/fees!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • when I was trading on "old card traders" folks sent stuff in PWE all the time, they reinforced them and put the cards in top loaders. Probably did 50 trades that way and didnt have a single issue. I would never ship anything in an ebay auction though, just not my style.
  • Card from eBay in a PWE is an automatic neg at my house.
  • tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    I carefully open all the bubble mailers I get cards in and use them to send cards out in later.
    I know I'm cheap, Just ask Matt.