Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Question for Golf Auto Guys...

I'm planning on attending a few days of the BMW golf event this year at Cog Hill (out side Chicago)... and I'm wondering when the best time is to try and hit the golfers up for auto's. It looks like there is going to be practice rounds on Monday-Wednesday - is that the best time to try and get them?

thanks!

Comments

• Send PM/ask: VitoCo1972 he's the golf expert on the boards.
  • leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191
    thanks I'll shot him a PM!
  • akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    Do Tiger woods certified auto'd UD cards hold value? Do you see them holding value in the next 10-20 years?

I see there are quite a few of them in each years issues by UD

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Hey Leathtech, you should also try and make it over to Sugar grove. The Solheim cup is August 17-23. Natalie Gulbis and Paula Creamer and a few other hotties will be there! Great opportunity to get some autos and closeups. image Practice rounds is the best time to get autos. During the round they usually sign while they walk towards the tee or after the hole walking off the green. Putting green and practice range are good too.
  • JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Do Tiger woods certified auto'd UD cards hold value? Do you see them holding value in the next 10-20 years?

I see there are quite a few of them in each years issues by UD >>

I like his rookie autos and certain memorabilia for long term.
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I have no idea how Woods signed cards could possibly hold value. He has years and years of autos left in him for certified card companies. The only Tiger things that will appreciate in value are rare signed and unsigned flags (like the 1997 Masters and 1999 PGA), golf balls (which he has signed only 50 of since 1998) and unpersonalized major championship flags...like this one image - got in person miraculously at Torrey Pines in Feb 07

He usually personalizes nice stuff (even though he almost NEVER signs cool stuff in person) like this

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Mike,

AWESOME WOODS BETHPAGE FLAG!

Bethpage is in my neck of the woods. Used to play there when I was younger. (YUP! Gave up DA GAME.)
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

<< <i>Mike,

Bethpage is in my neck of the woods. Used to play there when I was younger. (YUP! Gave up DA GAME.) >>

I played there in the summer of 2001 as a single. Had to sleep out at 3pm the day before. Drunken putting contests break out on the green at 1am when the bar closes. Then at 3 you go get 2 hours of sleep in your car and tee off at 5:50am. I was paired up with three NYC firefighters. I always wondered if they perished in 9/11. Nice guys. I shot 94 (I was a 9 handicap at the time). Birdied the 3rd hole (6 iron to 3 feet on the par 3). I always say the 15th hole at Bethpage is by far the toughest hole I've ever played - long par 4. I hit a drive in the fairway and still couldn't get there with a 3 wood. And I've played Torrey Pines twice and The Country Club (Brookline). Bethpage was a beast.
  • scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    Somewhat off topic, but thought I'd share a fairly recent pickup with some golf auto guys....

Signed copy of the 1963 book by Francis Ouimet, the 1913 amateur winner of the US Open.

Beautiful Ouimet. Would be very curious to know where you came upon it...and if you're so inclined, what you had to shell out image

Great piece!
  • scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Beautiful Ouimet. Would be very curious to know where you came upon it...and if you're so inclined, what you had to shell out image

Great piece! >>

Thanks - I got it from the family of the original owner, from a friend who put me in touch with them. They were seeking $300 for the book, and I was more than happy to oblige!
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Mike,
    I played there in the summer of 2001 as a single. Had to sleep out at 3pm the day before. Drunken putting contests break out on the green at 1am when the bar closes. Then at 3 you go get 2 hours of sleep in your car and tee off at 5:50am. I was paired up with three NYC firefighters. I always wondered if they perished in 9/11. Nice guys. I shot 94 (I was a 9 handicap at the time). Birdied the 3rd hole (6 iron to 3 feet on the par 3). I always say the 15th hole at Bethpage is by far the toughest hole I've ever played - long par 4. I hit a drive in the fairway and still couldn't get there with a 3 wood. And I've played Torrey Pines twice and The Country Club (Brookline). Bethpage was a beast. >>

At 1:00am when the bar closes? Bars close(d) here at 4:00am. You would have to leave the bar EARLY to get on line! LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.