Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

So, what did you win at the Stacks auction??

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
Can't share mine - it will be in the "Script Forum" when they finally have one. image
"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Comments

• Options
    TahoeDaleTahoeDale Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭
    I was successful on 1 --the only one I bid on. And I got it reasonably.

But I noticed that many high end coins did not sell, more than I expected( and my expectations were low)

Reason--High reserves, as the coins are rare and used to sell every time they appeared.

One surprise- the 1817/4 AU 50 bust half did sell, and for a fairly high result. 310,000 hammer.
    TahoeDale
  • Options
    nuthin! image
    Singapore & Hong Kong March/April
    Hong kong/Long Beach JUNE Table #838
    MACAU
    emgworldwide@gmail.com
    Cell: 512.808.3197
    EMERGING MARKET GROUP
    PCGS, NGC, CCE & NCS, CGC, PSA, Auth. Dealer
  • Options
    Did the MS63 1796 half dollar sell?

Who is John Galt?
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrOrganic:

Sorry to hear of your trip in the other thread - takes all the fun out of it.......

Dale - thanks for the report. image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3/4 of my bids won, all in paper money. I do notice a lot of stuff in coins not making reserve, in fact I have watched the coins from the Firth of Clyde sale back in April slide into the August 18th auction without reserves.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    jhdflajhdfla Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I was successful on 1 --the only one I bid on. And I got it reasonably.

But I noticed that many high end coins did not sell, more than I expected( and my expectations were low)

Reason--High reserves, as the coins are rare and used to sell every time they appeared.

One surprise- the 1817/4 AU 50 bust half did sell, and for a fairly high result. 310,000 hammer. >>

Zip for me, and for the reason you mentioned, high reserves.
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found their new web interface to be too annoying to use and therefore sat out completely.
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think 40% of commems didn't sell.
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I found their new web interface to be too annoying to use and therefore sat out completely. >>

The bid I lost out on, the auctioneer rushed right on by the item, and I was prepared to go higher than what it pittanced for. Oh well.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    everything I bid On I was outbidder by bidder number #1020... wonder who he was....
    everyhthing else I found to be high reserves.
    won 2 so far at heritage so far!!
    may the fonz be with you...always...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file