Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Poppage? WTF?

N6: MINIMUM SIZE REQUIREMENT 2001 DONRUSS 156 ALBERT PUJOLS Card US
MINT 9 1998 BOWMAN'S BEST 10 BRETT FAVRE Card US
MINT 9 2000 SP AUTHENTIC 32 BRETT FAVRE Card US
GEM MINT 10 2006 UPPER DECK 70 BRETT FAVRE Card US

All excited thinking I might have a GEM MT 10... at worst a MINT 9...

To getting my pop email and coming to the site to see they didn't grade the card and gave it a MINIMUM SIZE REQUIREMENT!!!!

I'm sorry, I see people get evidence of trimming or coloration stuff on occasion, but I paid good money to get this card graded and this BS happens...

Now I have to resubmit, and cross my fingers, hope it gets graded this next time... that I have to pay for again...

okay, rant over...

Just needed to get it out of my system before I start the long drive to Cleveland image

Comments

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you still send it back to Donruss?
  • Options
    earlycalguyearlycalguy Posts: 1,247 ✭✭

you should get a grading voucher for min. size required. if they don't send one then ask them
  • Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing no image LOL

Pujols and one other card were printed different... so now I'm wondering if they were slightly smaller (or larger) cards...

Still can't believe I thought I had a rare gem and it comes back not graded like this...

very disappointed with my first ever submission to PSA image
  • Options

<< <i>you should get a grading voucher for min. size required. if they don't send one then ask them >>

Ok... wow... that would be cool. I could live with that... still thinking they are smoking something.. but definitely I could live with that. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

<< <i>very disappointed with my first ever submission to PSA image >>

Allow me to offer your first ever "I'm sorry this happened to you".
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>very disappointed with my first ever submission to PSA image >>

Allow me to offer your first ever "I'm sorry this happened to you". >>

Thanks! What a crappy PSA day for me...

1) My avatar isn't as cool anymore, as somewhere in the card collecting universe, someone popped the second PSA 10 Pujols Donruss Signatures auto rookie... so I no longer have the only one; and

2) My 4 card submission, that I thought were all no-brainer 10's... returned me only one 10... and the one card I really cared about came back not graded image
  • Options

<< <i>My avatar isn't as cool anymore, as somewhere in the card collecting universe, someone popped the second PSA 10 Pujols Donruss Signatures auto rookie... so I no longer have the only one >>

That's always going to happen to the highest graded with no equals. Still a very cool card and avatar. image
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    High dollar card too! SGC might grade it, I know they allow mis cuts to a degree you should send it in to them. I busted a full box of 6th series 1972 topps baseball and pulled 3 MINT Rod Carews, sent them all with the others to PSA. Only 2 graded one min size. So I then called SGC to ask them about there opinion on this and they said we would grade it. It was MINT 50-50 and they gave it a lower grade of an 8(bc of the fact). If you need it graded I say send it to them.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    If it was a min size it means its just that, You probably won't get it in a PSA holder.
    I would try Beckett then maybe a crossover back to PSA. You will probably
    will spend less that way?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    You will get a voucher. I have had this happen to me many times before. Still, I have had pretty good luck on resub (for those cards that really weren't trimmed). In my early days, I had a 77 Brett that was flawless (in my eyes) and it came back no less than 3 times as N6. It was trimmed and they caught it. Good luck in the future. Bobby
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>My avatar isn't as cool anymore, as somewhere in the card collecting universe, someone popped the second PSA 10 Pujols Donruss Signatures auto rookie... so I no longer have the only one >>

That's always going to happen to the highest graded with no equals. Still a very cool card and avatar. image >>

All is right in the world again... at least for now! I found the lucky guy who popped the second one today at the National.... and it is now in my possession. Thankful to know own both of the current PSA 10 population on this fine card!
  • Options

One question... should one destroy one to make the one a one of one again???