Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone know why Gainesville Coins website has practically no coins....

.....listed in their certified coin section?

Comments

• Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    After a failed audit, A bank had a court seize NGE's coins.

Gainesville may well have been acting as a broker for those coins. Both are in Florida.

I heard on this forum that other dealers were also brokering these coins.

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last show I saw them at (Summer FUN I think) they had mostly bullion type material in their case.
    Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    ColonialCoinUnionColonialCoinUnion Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Gainesville may well have been acting as a broker for those coins. Both are in Florida. >>

Do you really think it's fair to draw that conclusion simply because they are "both in Florida"?
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Gainesville may well have been acting as a broker for those coins. Both are in Florida. >>

Do you really think it's fair to draw that conclusion simply because they are "both in Florida"? >>

Well, first I was careful to use the word "may".

And there are at least three factors that make me say that:

First is the similar location.

Second, the time factor is also very close.

Finally, Gainesville had a pretty large stock a few days ago when I checked. Now, it's empty. I've never seen that happen before in the years i've been watching their stock. Perhaps I missed something.
    [edit] I will say their website has been flaky recently. Perhaps their 'stock problem' is a run-of-the-mill technical glitch. If so, the stock should be back shortly.

I don't know what happened and I suppose I should not say anything that might be misconstrued and spread around as a rumor.

Personally, I think NGE was screwed here. But let me keep any more specific thoughts to myself.

• Options
    JSssonJSsson Posts: 891
    I asked some of the dealers I work with who would know and they know Gainesville Coins is owned and operated by members of the Yaffe family. It was also said that most of Gainesville Coins' inventory actually belongs to National Gold Exchange. That probably explains the absence of listings recently.
  • Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 1,240 ✭✭
    Try this link

http://www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/Lutz/gainesville-coins-inc-2514386.aspx

Appears to have been incorporated in 2006 in Lutz, Fl by Michael Yaffe.

Also, El Dorado Gold Investment, Inc. appears to have been incorporated in 2007 by Michael Yaffe.

TRUTH
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>After a failed audit, A bank had a court seize NGE's coins.

Gainesville may well have been acting as a broker for those coins. Both are in Florida.

I heard on this forum that other dealers were also brokering these coins. >>

NGE has been/was in biz for nearly 40 years I think. Why would they need someone else to sell/broker their stuff for them? Were they perhaps buried in the coins they had?
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    FletcherFletcher Posts: 3,294
    Gainesville Coins, Inc. - Incorporated by Michael Yaffe, Gainesville Coins, Inc. is located at PO Box 2721 Lutz, FL 33548. Gainesville Coins, Inc. was incorporated on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 in the State of FL and is currently active. Nancy Corrao represents Gainesville Coins, Inc. as their registered agent.
  • Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 1,240 ✭✭

<< <i>

NGE has been/was in biz for nearly 40 years I think. Why would they need someone else to sell/broker their stuff for them? Were they perhaps buried in the coins they had? >>

It is not unusual to have family members start their own companies. The new coin companies can always be the "retail" arm taking consignments or brokering coins from the parent company. This happens all the time.

TRUTH
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,807 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Gainesville Coins, Inc.
    Incorporated by Michael Yaffe, Gainesville Coins, Inc. is located at PO Box 2721 Lutz, FL 33548. Gainesville Coins, Inc. was incorporated on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 in the State of FL and is currently active. Nancy Corrao represents Gainesville Coins, Inc. as their registered agent.
    Source: Public Record data - Department of State - Division of Corporations >>

Michael Yaffe related to Mark Yaffe?
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

NGE has been/was in biz for nearly 40 years I think. Why would they need someone else to sell/broker their stuff for them? Were they perhaps buried in the coins they had? >>

It is not unusual to have family members start their own companies. The new coin companies can always be the "retail" arm taking consignments or brokering coins from the parent company. This happens all the time.

TRUTH >>

geesh one big soap opera!

I read in another thread gainseville coins announcing on CCE that they were NOT affiliated with NGE????
    Singapore & Hong Kong March/April
    Hong kong/Long Beach JUNE Table #838
    MACAU
    emgworldwide@gmail.com
    Cell: 512.808.3197
    EMERGING MARKET GROUP
    PCGS, NGC, CCE & NCS, CGC, PSA, Auth. Dealer
  • Options
    MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Gainesville Coins, Inc.
    Incorporated by Michael Yaffe, Gainesville Coins, Inc. is located at PO Box 2721 Lutz, FL 33548. Gainesville Coins, Inc. was incorporated on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 in the State of FL and is currently active. Nancy Corrao represents Gainesville Coins, Inc. as their registered agent.
    Source: Public Record data - Department of State - Division of Corporations >>

Michael Yaffe related to Mark Yaffe? >>

From what I understand, they are either father (Mark) and son (Mike), or uncle (Mark) and nephew (Mike). Mike's young (early 20's).
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file