Home Precious Metals
Options

What is the current price for 90% US silver?

GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
What are dealer's paying right now for common 90% US silver? 9.0 x face? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually the quick turn middlemen pay about spot x .65 to spot x .69.
    A fair price is all the way up to .71 x spot which many smelters pay the middlemen. Or you can go on the BST and give it up to those who think they are doing you a favor by offering .67 X spot.

9.5X face is probably closer to fair. If it were in front of me I'd probably buy close to that price delivered.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
    Thanks - I was offered about $100 face value silver today and while I don't need it, I thought I could offer a reasonable price and take it to my local dealer to try and make $50 bucks. There are other coins in the collection that I offered decent prices on. I couldn't get a hold of my local dealer to see what he was paying.
  • Options
    Today I got 10 times face for $750 face in Kennedy halves, they are being traded in on a sealed yellow box of Maples.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>always up to date silver coin values >>

And always wrong in the pricing of 90% silver coins for melt.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>always up to date silver coin values >>

And always wrong in the pricing of 90% silver coins for melt. >>

Site doesn't price silver coins, it only provides silver content value at current spot price of silver. To be used as a reference for the "spot value" of a coin. Price of a silver coin will be set by current market, and is normally not less than the spot value of the silver coin. If you find silver coins at less than their spot value please share a link with us.

• Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    it's called calling around for the best price you'll never sell a silver coin using silver values in a coin that must be smelted to recover the silver.
  • Options

<< <i>it's called calling around for the best price you'll never sell a silver coin using silver values in a coin that must be smelted to recover the silver. >>

Pretty good market for silver coins that must be smelted to recover the silver. Why else would people be paying 10X face for 90% silver coins? I believe the silver content iswhy the coins are in demand. So yes, silver content is important and the linked site is a good source for that info. Don't like it? Don't use it.

• Options
    It gives you a base to work with. Most buyers pay Very close to the Melt value.
    Its all relative