Home Sports Talk
Options

Sherrill to Dodgers

BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
NESN (Red Sox channel) is reporting that George Sherrill is going to the Dodgers for a SS and P.

Comments

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    The Orioles had to trade him; an aging closer/setup man has no value to a team that won't be good for at least 2 years. I don't know anything about Josh Bell but his numbers look decent enough. Steve Johnson is the pitcher they got and he's the son of former Oriole Dave Johnson (the pitcher, not the manager) who is their radio broadcaster. Not sure I like the nepotism involved, but I doubt MacPhail would make this move if he didn't see value in both players.

It's a great move for the Dodgers as Sherrill is more of a setup man than a closer, but the Orioles threw him in there and he performed well. I'd be surprised if the Dodgers ever went to him instead of Broxton in the 9th with the game in doubt.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    MacPhail makes great trades, i hope bell turns into the 3rd baseman of the future. how about tillman/jones/sherill
    for bedard? i'm sure johnson will help somewhere.

GO O's!!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Think we are seeing the typical second half collapse, hard to remain upbeat simply because it has been so long, do like some of the young pitching we are seeing.

Tim