Home Sports Talk
Options

Pirates get swept in SF, but walk away with an elite prospect...

digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
The Giants just traded Tim Alderson (uber-prospect) straight up for Freddy Sanchez and his bum knee.

Ohhhh man. Sanchez will be playing "DL" for a week before he goes and takes over 2nd base.

I'm gald to get an actual 2nd basemen after seeing 5 utlitiy guys share time there, but the price we paid... ouch.
My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25

Comments

• Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    I understand that Alderson is a good prospect, but I'm all for winning now. The Giants are obviously in the playoff hunt (leading the wild-card) and while odds are long on them winning the World Series, anything can happen in a short series, especially when you have Lincecum and Cain going for you.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options

<< <i>I understand that Alderson is a good prospect, but I'm all for winning now. The Giants are obviously in the playoff hunt (leading the wild-card) and while odds are long on them winning the World Series, anything can happen in a short series, especially when you have Lincecum and Cain going for you. >>

Even with Sanchez and Garko, I don't feel like the Giants are a complete team yet.

Lincecum and Cain, and pray for rain!

• Options
    Oh geez. Sanchez twisted his knee in last nights game and had to be helped off the field by the trainers. MRI is today.

We trade a top pitching prospect for this guy, and he's spent half of his time on the DL. First with his existing knee issue, then with sholder problems, now with a new knee problem.