Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Sexy German coins inside...

Thanks all for the Krause quotes....

Picked these two up at my local shop. I was there when they walked in raw from a woman whose family were bankers in Germany. Pretty neat stuff, and while not rare, and mostly always coming quite nice, these are exquisite!

Enjoy.

imageimage

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like the reverse of that first one.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭
    imageimage

Really sweet. What did the Baroness have these wrapped in?

I don't suppose those prong holders would tap very well trying to rotate that 5Mk ??

BTW, it would seem PCGS now employs slabbers with extreme "shakes". I just got back a group with two coins rotated nearly 45 degrees. image
  • Options
    PreussenPreussen Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭
    Very nice image -Preussen
    "Illegitimis non carborundum" -General Joseph Stilwell. See my auctions
  • Options
    ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    I'm drooling...... I think we should get to hold these for you since we gave you the Krause quotes!! I PROMISE I would send them back! image
    Todd
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    The reverse field of the two mark is fantastic.

<< <i> I was there when they walked in raw from a woman whose family were bankers in Germany. >>

And why aren't you at her house right now,with your checkbook, going through the rest of her coins ? image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is more of course....I'll let you know what pops up. image
  • Options
    Oh I see! I'm sure that you started by helping her get rid of all the useless Swiss stuff that she might be owning, before you attacked the rest. image

Joking. I want to ask one thing though. Did you step aside while at the shop, let the dealer buy them and then made him an offer, or did you get them directly from her? Knowing what a class act you are, I think I know the answer, but I had to ask. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    Not knowing how his shop works, the one I shop at would welcome me buying the world coins for their customers... they only want the US coins.... which is good for me cause I get good deals....
  • Options
    Dimitri,

He and I have a good relationship, and I have bought stuff directly from customers since he knows that I am a dealer as well.
    If he passes on something, which is a fair amount of the time, then he usually directs them to me.

In this case, I didnt say anything, just quietly watched as protocol mandates. image

I did try to buy them raw after she left however. image

He wanted to send them in....which was fine with me too...

John
  • Options
    That's what I thought. Protocol first.

I am surprised though, by ASUtodd's reply and part of yours. I understand that a dealer might not be interested in non US coins, but the simple fact that both of them have at least one customer who's interested (that would be both of you), wouldn't it make sense for them to buy them and flip them to you straight after for a reasonable profit?
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    These guys are great friends of mine and we are always doing favors for each other... they give me huge discounts on coins, usually under grey sheet cost..... I send them business, BBQ shoulders (when we BBQ), and other things ... Good guys... They are almost like uncles to me now... Glad I met them. Now if I make a huge profit on something they sold me cheap or I got from a customer I will go back and try to give them some of the proceeds... I know not to bite the hand that feeds me...
  • Options
    Same relationship as described by ASU is how mine is here....