Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Updated!! My new Autograph Project... 7 out of 19 done (Ripken add)

I've started a new project since I need some direction in my collecting world. A few years back etopps put out a small set dealing with baseball historical milestones or accomplishments - so the history buff and collector in me has final found a project to work on. Some of these guys will be hard to get and others I just have to be on the hunt for private signings or shows. If anyone has any information on upcoming signings by someone I still need please let me know!

Also I've started a website to show of these great looking cards!

website!!!!!!

Here is the list of players

1. Bobby Thomson (done)
2. Don Larsen (done)
3. Bill Mazeroski
4. Bucky Dent (sent out via TTM he appears to be a good signer)
5. George Brett
6. Doc Gooden (done)
7. Bob Gibson
8. Dave Stewart
9. Kirk Gibson
10. Reggie Jackson
11. Carlton Fisk (done)
12. Mookie Wilson
13. Yogi Berra - (done)
14. Cal Ripken Jr. (done)
15. Denny McLain (done)
16. Josh Gibson (passed away)
17. Barry Bonds
18. Joe Carter
19. Nolan Ryan (sent ttm to his foundation)
20. Rickey Henderson

Comments

• Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I looked at your website. Those are nice looking cards. Will look great signed. Good luck!
    Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great Jasen. How did you come up with Dave Stewart for the earthquake card?
  • Options
    leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191

<< <i>Looks great Jasen. How did you come up with Dave Stewart for the earthquake card? >>

was he not the series mvp? I was thinking him or dual coaches cards with Criag and LaRussa.
  • Options
    csmtampacsmtampa Posts: 1,828
    Ive gotten Larussa a few time TTM.

I'll check out signingshotline.com to see what signings are coming up.

I have read from sportscollectors.net that Brett will sign, although LONG return times, for $50 sent to Brett Bros bats.
  • Options

<< <i>Ive gotten Larussa a few time TTM.

I'll check out signingshotline.com to see what signings are coming up.

I have read from sportscollectors.net that Brett will sign, although LONG return times, for $50 sent to Brett Bros bats. >>

I don't see an address for Brett Bros... anyone have it?
  • Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    Very cool Jasen! Good luck on the set!

I thought for sure you bought one of the Bob Gibson's I had done back in the day... I guess not though. Absolutely fabulous looking card signed!

If I see him signing here in STL again anytime soon, I'll let you know.

PS - This is Eric, from eCardAutographs!
  • Options
    matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    If you had started this a month prior could have gotten the Carter free when I was in Lubbock helping with the College Baseball Foundation and Carter was there getting inducted into the College Baseball Hall of Fame. Which reminds me I need to update my autograph thread. I've got some scanning to do...
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options

<< <i>Very cool Jasen! Good luck on the set!

I thought for sure you bought one of the Bob Gibson's I had done back in the day... I guess not though. Absolutely fabulous looking card signed!

PS - This is Eric, from eCardAutographs! >>

Eric - nice to see you've maded it over to the psa boards... I've bought a few of your etopps autographs - I did not know you did a Gibson - I'll have to be on the look out for it if it comes up on ebay!
  • Options

<< <i>If you had started this a month prior could have gotten the Carter free when I was in Lubbock helping with the College Baseball Foundation and Carter was there getting inducted into the College Baseball Hall of Fame. Which reminds me I need to update my autograph thread. I've got some scanning to do... >>

Always a day late! But I guess you have to start sometime... I have a feeling Carter will be hard to track down!
  • Options

<< <i>

Eric - nice to see you've maded it over to the psa boards... I've bought a few of your etopps autographs - I did not know you did a Gibson - I'll have to be on the look out for it if it comes up on ebay! >>

Thanks man! I pretty much have bailed on eTopps, after 7 highly dedicated years, and picked up graded-card collecting this year!

I didn't do the Gibson's for resale on eCardAutographs however. Back in 2006, when I started selling some memorabilia on the site... I did a signing (of baseballs) with Bob and Ozzie Smith. I just happened to have two of the Classic Events cards in-hand at the time so I had him sign them too. I ended up selling one on the boards, and one on my site last year before I shut it down.

I've almost got my eTopps Classic Football autograph set complete. Down to only three left... and I'll be getting one of them (Phil Simms) at the National on Saturday. Just Bubba Smith and Ronnie Lott and the set will be complete. I know that Bubba does TTM, so I might go that route... and will continue to keep my eyes open for a Lott signing (which I haven't seen happen in years!).

I know Gibson and McClain will be at the National on Sunday if you were going, or knew anyone that was that day. I'd pass on the Gibson though there... as he's at least $20 higher there then he ever is here at the St. Louis shows (which he usually does 1 a year).

Good luck again on your set... it'll be a fine one when complete (and one I've considered trying next).

Cheers,

-E
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    very cool looking project. can't wait to see it unfold

good luck with it
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Eric - nice to see you've maded it over to the psa boards... I've bought a few of your etopps autographs - I did not know you did a Gibson - I'll have to be on the look out for it if it comes up on ebay! >>

Thanks man! I pretty much have bailed on eTopps, after 7 highly dedicated years, and picked up graded-card collecting this year!

I didn't do the Gibson's for resale on eCardAutographs however. Back in 2006, when I started selling some memorabilia on the site... I did a signing (of baseballs) with Bob and Ozzie Smith. I just happened to have two of the Classic Events cards in-hand at the time so I had him sign them too. I ended up selling one on the boards, and one on my site last year before I shut it down.

I've almost got my eTopps Classic Football autograph set complete. Down to only three left... and I'll be getting one of them (Phil Simms) at the National on Saturday. Just Bubba Smith and Ronnie Lott and the set will be complete. I know that Bubba does TTM, so I might go that route... and will continue to keep my eyes open for a Lott signing (which I haven't seen happen in years!).

I know Gibson and McClain will be at the National on Sunday if you were going, or knew anyone that was that day. I'd pass on the Gibson though there... as he's at least $20 higher there then he ever is here at the St. Louis shows (which he usually does 1 a year).

Good luck again on your set... it'll be a fine one when complete (and one I've considered trying next).

Cheers,

-E >>

Eric:

I kind of made the same switch over to graded cards from etoppsland... I'm glad to see you've come over aswell - I always enjoyed your site and your posts over at etopps MB. I'd love to see you Football Classic set - I was thinking of doing that set but some of the cards are still going for crazy prices!

Please let me know if you see a Gibson signing pop up.
  • Options
    My eTopps Classic Football Autograph Collection

Cheers & as long as eTopps gets the cards to me by tomorrow (that I ordered last night)... I'll have a Denny McClain for you next week!
  • Options

<< <i>My eTopps Classic Football Autograph Collection

Cheers & as long as eTopps gets the cards to me by tomorrow (that I ordered last night)... I'll have a Denny McClain for you next week! >>

Thanks a lot for trying to get Denny... and I love the site the cards look great - do you have some type of display for all of them?
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

website!!!!!! Awesome project, nice cards. image
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    Very cool group of autograph subjects. Good luck with the TTM's
  • Options
    Jasen,

I got a Denny McLain for you at the National... came out really nice and he also inscribed it "31-6, 1968"

Picked up one for myself too... I think I'll be giving this set a go now too!!!

I'll put a scan up here tonight when I get home from work.

Please PM me your mailing address so I can send it out to you ASAP.

Cheers,

Eric
  • Options

<< <i>Jasen,

I got a Denny McLain for you at the National... came out really nice and he also inscribed it "31-6, 1968"

Cheers,

Eric >>

Thank you thank you thank you... I'll send the PM now! Please let me know how much I owe you.

Jasen
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Jasen,

Cheers,

Eric >>

Thank you thank you thank you... I'll send the PM now! Please let me know how much I owe you.

Jasen >>

The triple thank you is payment enough for me! I'll have it in the mail tomorrow!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Jasen,

Cheers,

Eric >>

Jasen >>

The triple thank you is payment enough for me! I'll have it in the mail tomorrow! >>

thanks Eric! if you ever need anything please let me know!
  • Options
    This was in the mail today... thanks Mr. Fisk!

• Options
    Here is the McLain to check off your list... will be in the mail tomorrow!

• Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Leathtech,

Great Fisk. That will be a heck of a set if you manage to get them all signed. I've got a stupid, novice question though. On your website, it looks like there is a couple versions of some cards. One that is black and white for the most part and one that is kinda colorized or glowing or something. Is there 2 versions of them, or is that a scanner trick?

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options

<< <i>Leathtech,

Great Fisk. That will be a heck of a set if you manage to get them all signed. I've got a stupid, novice question though. On your website, it looks like there is a couple versions of some cards. One that is black and white for the most part and one that is kinda colorized or glowing or something. Is there 2 versions of them, or is that a scanner trick?

Mike >>

To answer question... the pic on the left is the stock picture eTopps uses on their website - the card on the right is the inhand card (my card) - I'm going to post those after they get autographed.

If anyone sees a signing for a player I do not have done please let me know!
  • Options
    Finally updated the website with this great card sent to me by fellow board member epatmythes (eric)

Next up should be the Ripken in a few days!!!!
  • Options
    in the mail today...

• Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If you had started this a month prior could have gotten the Carter free when I was in Lubbock helping with the College Baseball Foundation and Carter was there getting inducted into the College Baseball Hall of Fame. Which reminds me I need to update my autograph thread. I've got some scanning to do... >>

Matthew B, I love your sig!!!! That is awesome. image
  • Options
    this guy game in the mail today... done at a show in New York - cost $40

• Options
    This guy came in the mail yesterday... thanks Ironmanfan

• Options
    I still need autographs from the following players... if anyone hears about a signing please let me know!

Bill Mazeroski
    Bucky Dent
    George Brett
    Bob Gibson
    Dave Stewart
    Kirk Gibson
    Reggie Jackson
    Mookie Wilson
    Barry Bonds
    Joe Carter
    Rickey Henderson
  • Options
    Maz is usully at the Robert Morris show sometime in the spring.