Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

German Coin help

Was hoping to get some help form the German experts on the board...

How much should a white 1909 Saxony- Leipzig University 2 and 5 mark go for in NGC MS67 (2 mark) and NGC MS65 (5 mark)? Wholesale and retail prices would be most helpful, but any help would be great...

John

Comments

• Options
    ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    In my Krause it list the UNC 2mark at 95.00 and the 5mark at 245 Unc. I would assume these prices to be higher in a BU state such as the ones you mention. There is also a proof of the 1909 5mark that list for $525, mintage of 300.
    Todd
  • Options
    Guess I should add that was from the 2007 edition of Krause...
  • Options
    3Mark3Mark Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    John:

2010 Krause prices:

2 Mark: $130 BU
    5 Mark: $350 BU

You might want to check the Heritage archives and I would have said CoinArchies, but it now is a pay site and very expensive. I think they are worth more than the Krause BU price.

3Mark
    I'm traveling on memory and running out of fuel.
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    The current Numismaster site list the 2 mark at $130 in BU, my guess is at auction it would be 175-250 for an MS67, although I haven't seen one in 67 at auction.

The 5 mark is listed at $350 in BU, which is probably about retail.
  • Options
    coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all. With the German economy the way it is, what percentage of Krause is retail reality.

BTW, I asked for white, but the 2 mark is spectacularly toned. Will try and take some pics...

Very appreciative of the the help.
  • Options
    Those old German coins hold their value well and I would say that krause is the base line and they go higher than book...