Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Free Autograph grading special through PSA/DNA

On PSA Website's, (here) they are offering free Autograph grading through psa/dna. Ive personally never done anything through psa (grading or certification...ive only bought others PSA stuff) and was wondering if someone could help out a first timer...

So i have 2 griffey jr autos id like to get PSA/DNA cert. both of them cards.

If i understand this correctly, It would be $60 (psa schedule fee) for both cards. And they would grade the card for free. Correct?

Also, i think i understand the Submission form clearly, ...but is there anything else i should know...any tricks or tips?? Thanks for the help.!

Thad
Looking for an 8x10 auto photo of junior celebrating his 100 HR. lmk!

Comments

• Options
    yanyak5yanyak5 Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭
    I wanted to add that the cards with autos are:

1988 Ken Griffey Jr Vermont Mariners Promo Card with auto
    1998 Circa Thunder Boss #7 Ken Griffey Jr.

I'll try and get a scan as soon as possible....again thanks for the help.!
  • Options
    Any card newer than 1997 does not need to go through PSA/DNA (unless you want to). So the 1998 Griffey could be graded at the regular modern card price. The 88 Griffey would need to go through PSA/DNA, but every time I sent a card through the PSA/DNA service I was able to ask to have the card graded too at no extra charge. This was standard, not a special offer. Hope this helps.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    yanyak5yanyak5 Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭
    ok...in other words...i bought both cards straight from ebay with no coa....paid $5 for each...and i want the piece of mind that they are real. If there not...well...I'm glad i didnt spend an arm and a leg...

So if i send the 97 card ...will they authenticate the auto or grade it? or both?

Thanks....
  • Options
    Sorry. I assumed the 1998 Circa Thunder Boss #7 Ken Griffey Jr. was a company inserted card.

In your situation, both cards would need to be sent to PSA/DNA. They will authenticate the auto. If you wanted a grade of the card, you have to request that, and from my experience I have never been charged for that.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion