Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Satin Finish now SP?!?

I just noticed that the Lincoln's that have been for years noted as Satin Finish are now noted as SP in the grades.

I think it is a step forward but it snuck up on me. Guess I missed the notice.

Comments

• Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What confuses me is where to put them now. We have SP 1965-67 SMS coins in the Proof sets, and SP "SF" coins in the Circulation Strike sets. If they are all now SP coins, shouldn't they be put in the same classification? To complicate it further, they have also put the 64 SMS in the Complete Circulation Set.

Can we get some consistency with this? Or maybe just an explanation as to why PCGS feels this way.
    Doug
  • Options
    jy8sjy8s Posts: 113 ✭✭
    I asked the same question and I was told that since 1964 had a proof issue that the 64 SMS therefore had to be a circulation piece and included in the circulation set.

I wonder why it wasn't done at the same time of the changes of June 30.

S
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Can we get some consistency with this? Or maybe just an explanation as to why PCGS feels this way. >>

Probably not whic is just a little irksome!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just don't get that since we are talking about the 64 SMS being in a variety set.
    I understand that it would not replace the 64 proof in the regular set. And if the SMS's are now SP, why not put all the SP coins in the same set? Doesn't make sense to me.

Doug
  • Options
    FullStepJeffsFullStepJeffs Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    I started a thread on this subject, located HERE. Too bad, there is still no answer.

Steve
    U.S. Air Force Security Forces Retired

In memory of the USAF Security Forces lost: A1C Elizabeth N. Jacobson, 9/28/05; SSgt Brian McElroy, 1/22/06; TSgt Jason Norton, 1/22/06; A1C Lee Chavis, 10/14/06; SSgt John Self, 5/14/07; A1C Jason Nathan, 6/23/07; SSgt Travis Griffin, 4/3/08; 1Lt Joseph Helton, 9/8/09; SrA Nicholas J. Alden, 3/3/2011. God Bless them and all those who have lost loved ones in this war. I will never forget their loss.