Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Raw card show pickups-Guess the grade-GRADE IN

I'm hoping the Flood can pull a 6 and I think the Cardenal would be a 9 but the lower left probably knocks it to an 8. Slim pickins'(vintage wise) at the local show today. Thoughts on the grades... Backs are clean on both cards.

Comments

• Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    curt flood = miscut

cardenal 7.5
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Flood 6

Cardenal 8 ( 8.5 if corners are as sharp as they look)
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Neal

The Jose is a nice card - looks like a 7+ to 8+.

The Flood is diamond cut - I've heard people say if slight, it could find its way into a holder - but could be returned as 'miscut' - check the 'square'on the card.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Neal-- Because the centering is good on Jose that could be a 7 or 8 with a 7.5 possible. I wouldn't send in the Flood because of the MC. Like you said it's getting harder to find nice vintage at shows.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Miscut and PSA 8. Burgundy.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    leadoff4leadoff4 Posts: 2,392
    I agree, sure as heck better be a miscut after all the others they've graded that way that don't even look miscut! Cardenal is an easy 8 I think.
  • Options
    leadoff4leadoff4 Posts: 2,392
    Well, here's the update. Only sent in the '66 Cardenal. Guess I was right this time. Boy are they tough on these '71s!!
  • Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, here's the update. Only sent in the '66 Cardenal. Guess I was right this time. Boy are they tough on these '71s!!
    image >>

I think the down grade to a 7 on the 71 was due to the centering. It otherwise looks to have at least 8 corners.

Matt