Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Stacks Coin Galleries sale

Got my Stacks Coin Galleries sale catalog yesterday. Some really neat coins there, including Sid & Alicias' restrike gold Poland "Battle of Chocim" 100 Ducat featuring Sigismund III.

The neatest items for sale (and why I'll be keeping this catalogue for awhile) are 234 lots of Jacques Wiener material! This consists of 181 lots of medals, 44 lots of Jetons de Presence, 8 lots of empty metal cases, and 1 lot of literature and documents.

After having sold my Weiner medals earlier this Spring it'll be interesting to see what level of "moon money" these sell for as Wiener medals have been HOT lately on eBay.
R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
Collecting:
Conder tokens
19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm

Comments

• Options
    I couldn't find this auction on their web site.

Could you tell me when it's going to be?

Thanks
    No,no- the kids and the cat are all right honey.
    It's just that I got my PCGS grades.
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I couldn't find this auction on their web site.

Could you tell me when it's going to be?

Thanks >>

Good luck finding practically anything on their website. The turmoil that has been Stacks recently has spilled over into their website. They launched a new website recently, it cratered or had too many complaints and they pulled the plug on it and went back to the old website. If you were watching stuff from their SS New York sale on the new website all watched items were lost on the new old website. Great.

It is becoming apparent that the house at Stacks is not in order.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    Mail and Internet Bid sale - closing date is August 18th 2009.

The Coin Galleries auctions always seem to have an interested collection of items.
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm