Home Sports Talk
Options

Matt Holliday is now a Cardinal!

KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
Link

Does this make the Cards the best team in the NL?

Comments

• Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Their relief pitching is going to have to get better for them to be serious contenders. But they should have a pretty good offense the rest of the year.
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will help, but I don't think they have as good of a lineup as the Phillies. If Matt Holliday puts up numbers like he did before this year, and if Pujols and Ludwick stay hot, it will be close to the best lineup.

Shane

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Link

Does this make the Cards the best team in the NL? >>

A more pressing question: Might this be the second coming of the Mulder trade?
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Other than a slight fielding error Holiday had an awesome start with the Cards last night. If the Cards keep Holiday in the #4 slot and Ludwick and Molina keep hitting well, he'll start seeing much better pitches than he had up in Oakland. The trade might be better than many expected.

Brian
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I think the immediate impact is going to be great, but I'd hate to see it ultimately become one productive year in St. Louis in exchange for a guy or guys who produce over the long haul. It's still early in Dan Haren's career obviously, but in hindsight, the Mulder trade was a real dud for the Cardinals.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage