Home Sports Talk

wooot! Adrian Gonzalez to BOSOX!

unconfirmed but looks like its a done deal! BEST TEAM BY FAR !!!!

Comments

• jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭
    I think I just jumped higher then ever.................................
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    I don't follow the Red Sox very closely but aren't they already solid at first? And they just added Andy Laroche as a back up (yes, I know he's not nearly the player that Gonzalez is). This sounds like one of those "trades" that will end up being just a rumor to me.
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good! Now, Pujols has a little bit better shot at the triple crown. I wish it would have been Hanley Ramirez! image

Shane

• Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Nothing I've seen yet...
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Good! Now, Pujols has a little bit better shot at the triple crown. I wish it would have been Hanley Ramirez! image >>

Yeah ... I think you have to worry about AVERAGE much more than HRs and RBIs.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • dont think this has happened, or will happen.

Adrian should be a player the Pad's build around not trade away. Honestly this trade would make no sense whatsoever.
  • otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>dont think this has happened, or will happen.

Adrian should be a player the Pad's build around not trade away. Honestly this trade would make no sense whatsoever. >>

It would if they could pull back the killer B's (Bucholtz, Bowden and Bard) at the very least...
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red Sox have to do something before Yankees pull away, LOL...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Good! Now, Pujols has a little bit better shot at the triple crown. I wish it would have been Hanley Ramirez! image >>

I think every Red Sox fan wish that also...............
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257

<< <i>

I think every Red Sox fan wish that also............... >>

If the Red Sox are in the market for a shortstop the Cardinals just signed a promising player named Julio Lugo if you guys are interested. imageimageimage
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey

• << <i>Red Sox have to do something before Yankees pull away, LOL... >>

A Mets fan sighting image
    I still think the best move the Red Sox and the Mets could make (this should placate or stir up a majority of the board members since there are too many Sox and Mets fans) would be for the Mets to get Reyes off the DL and move him to the Sox for Bucholtz, Bowden, Lowrie and Ellsbury. This would give the Sox a leadoff hitter and their best SS since Nomar while in turn, helping the Mets build up some young talent that is major league ready. Bucholtz and Bowden would fit right into the Mets rotation while Lowrie would take over at SS and Ellsbury could fill CF.

During the offseason, the Mets should consider moving Beltran (arguably their best position player) and his hefty contract in exchange for additional pitching and top level prospect to revamp their depleted minor league system. Given the source and duration of Beltran's "bone bruise" and the continued expansion of such, there is little doubt that he's experiencing avascular necrosis or osteonecrosis and the possibility of microfracture surgery looms like a cloud. Without making accusations, it is interesting to note that one of the major causes or contributing factors to AVN is excessive use of steroids.

But then again, maybe Omar should just have Tony go into the Mets locker room, tear off his shirt and threaten the team. Bernazard has already done a fantastic job backstabbing Willie Randolph and many others in the Mets organization. I think he'll end up weathering this storm and outlast Omar. To have lasted this long with his horrible resume, Bernazard must have pictures of the Wilpons engaging in intimate encounters with barnyard animals.

• jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    otw - I agree with the premise but there is no way the Sox give up that much for Reyes. They wouldn't give up that much for Santana or Halladay, they certainly aren't going to give it up for a career .290 hitter, with under .800 OPS.

<< <i>otw - I agree with the premise but there is no way the Sox give up that much for Reyes. They wouldn't give up that much for Santana or Halladay, they certainly aren't going to give it up for a career .290 hitter, with under .800 OPS. >>

The difference might end up being contract/value. Reyes is cheaper (under $6M per season through 2010 with club option for $11M in 2011). He's also an everyday player rather than a pitcher. Epstein has a woody for a SS ever since Hanley was traded to Florida while Theo gave up his watch for a season.

It won't happen, but it's an avenue that the Mets should explore. But then again, this is the Mets we're talking about...
  • Small market teams have little chance competing with these all star teams, Bud Selig is an idiot for letting teams do this. Baseball sucks these days, and YES I am a little Red azzed because the Twins have been falling apart lately. Alot of talent there, but it is being wasted...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

<< <i>Small market teams have little chance competing with these all star teams, Bud Selig is an idiot for letting teams do this. Baseball sucks these days, and YES I am a little Red azzed because the Twins have been falling apart lately. Alot of talent there, but it is being wasted... >>

But these same small market teams are more that willing to accept the Luxuray Tax money that the Yankees cough up.

Minnesota has done quite well fielding a strong team year in and year out. They've focussed on scouting and minor league delevopment. Wise moves. Perhaps with the new ballpark, they'll be able to amp up the revenue to hold on to players like Morneau and Mauer.