Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Ecce Filius Meus

harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
Sometimes I manage to catch something I consider special which no one else seems to notice.
The medal (for lack of anything else to call it) below appeared with a bunch of other religious medals. This one, however, does not appear to be something to hang around the neck and even though it was not noted in the offering, the photograph appeared to show some sort of signature.
I have not idea about the country of origin, but the signature appears to be Pellegria. Be that as it may, I like the style. Also of interest is the reverse. I am going to guess that the impression is from the die press.
Yet, I cannot look at the unintended design and think of Teilhard de Chardin's Omega Point.

imageimage

Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yet, I cannot look at the unintended design and think of Teilhard de Chardin's Omega Point. >>

I know not who Teilhard de Chardin was, or what his Omega Point was, either, for that matter, but the reverse design does rather remind me of a certain infamous drawing by the late Kurt Vonnegut in his novel Breakfast Of Champions.

Actually, it is more of a spinning vortex. Kind of hypnotic, really, if you stare at it long enough. Hmm.

You're right- it's an interesting piece. "Pellegria" sounds Italian or Spanish to me. Latin, for sure.

OK, now I have to go and Google the Omega Point, whatever that is.

Ah, yes. Here, for those of you who were as stumped by that reference as I was.

That's a much more intellectual and philosophical interpretation than the Vonnegut reference I alluded to. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.