Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Profanity on a PCGS insert

Sorry for the juvenile post, but I couldn't help it. This coin came across my desk and it got me laughing.

Comments

• Options
    WalmannWalmann Posts: 2,806
    We have far more of those in the Senate never mind the House. Slabbing em may not be a bad idea though.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,126 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice coin.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

<< <i>We have far more of those in the Senate never mind the House. >>

That's a good one.image
  • Options
    HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭

I wonder if the PCGS graders get a good laugh when coins like this come across their desk?
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't realize the As denomination had survived the fall of the Roman empire.

Don't feel bad, I posted on this topic already. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never seen this coin before. Emergency / siege issue?
  • Options

<< <i>I've never seen this coin before. Emergency / siege issue? >>

Siege Coinage, struck by General Bender during the French siege.
    "Think of the Press as a great keyboard on which the Government can play" – Joseph Goebbels

"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media" - William Colby, former CIA director
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Siege Coinage, struck by General Bender during the French siege. >>

Thank you. I'll read-up on it image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Siege Coinage, struck by General Bender during the French siege. >>

Thank you. I'll read-up on it image >>

From http://www.answers.com/topic/luxembourg-city

"During the French Revolutionary Wars, the city was occupied by France twice: once, briefly, in 1792–3, and, later, after a seven-month siege. Luxembourg held out for so long under the French siege that French politician and military engineer Lazare Carnot called Luxembourg "the best [fortress] in the world, except Gibraltar", giving rise to the city's nickname: the 'Gibraltar of the North'.
    Nonetheless, the Austrian garrison eventually surrendered, and, as a consequence, Luxembourg was annexed into the French Republic as part of the département of Forêts, with Luxembourg City as its préfecture. Under the 1815 Treaty of Paris, which ended the Napoleonic Wars, Luxembourg City was placed under Prussian military control as a part of the German Confederation, although sovereignty passed to the House of Orange-Nassau, in personal union with the United Kingdom of the Netherlands."
    "Think of the Press as a great keyboard on which the Government can play" – Joseph Goebbels

"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media" - William Colby, former CIA director
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    Inquiring jihadis want to know if those 72 are virgins or not?

imageimageimage