Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

NEWPS from CIVITAS

The 2 pieces from CIVITAS arrived today. Very nice. The Canadian piece is actually more of an AU than it is MS, but the color is neat. Crusty!

The Ionian piece is quite attractive!

Thanks to Josh and Co...

Comments

• Options
    zeebobzeebob Posts: 2,825
    Very nice! Congrats on the pick ups!
  • Options
    CIVITASCIVITAS Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The Canadian piece is actually more of an AU than it is MS, but the color is neat. >>

Are you implying that a third party certfied coin in an old holder could possibly be misgraded?!? The nerve! image

Actually, I didn't really have a problem with the 62 since Edwards always look kind of dull on the obverse. Wouldn't necessarily disagree with a 58 grade either. I guess that's why we have plastic to decide for us. image

I have to say, I like your picture of the coin much better than mine. It certainly brings it to life.

Thanks again, Dan.
    https://www.civitasgalleries.com

New coins listed monthly!

Josh Moran

CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.
  • Options
    HussuloHussulo Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I have to say, I like your picture of the coin much better than mine. It certainly brings it to life.

>>

And you are surprised Josh? image

I'll never forget when you had posted the set up of one of your coin images. It was inside your shop, coin was placed at the edge of the lower shelves of a glass cabinet along with dozens of others next to it or on the upper shelves, camera was held by you above the cabinet, no stand, no special lightning, and you hadn't even separated or placed the coin on top of the cabinet! And still the image was very nice, so imagine how far you could go if you wanted or if you had the time.

I like both coins BTW.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    Heh, that wasn't really my "setup" Dmitri. I was just impressed by how far away the camera could take a picture and still get pretty good detail. image

However, my initial setup wasn't much better in terms of lighting, I will admit. I use much better lighting now, and the pics are generally much better now.

I still don't have time to take 4 shots and pick the best one, and I never will. So I take one, and as long as it isn't awful, it goes up. But I do like hearing from customers that the coin is even better in hand (and I often do). image

As soon as Dan's willing to work for $1.00 per photo, I'll be hiring him. image

Josh Moran

CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.
  • Options
    ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    $1.00 a photo??? I do a mean crayon sketch! image
  • Options

<< <i>$1.00 a photo??? I do a mean crayon sketch! image >>

Hmm, that is tempting..... image

Josh Moran

CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,126 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>$1.00 a photo??? I do a mean crayon sketch! >>

Not allowed to use sharp colored pencils? image

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    Well played!!!
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no problem calling the Edward VII MS... These always have obverse issues ranging from the strike to coins that lack that nice original look which this one has in Spades... terrific coin... congrats

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.