Home Sports Talk
Options

Tim Tebow snub has SEC coaches proclaiming "not guilty"

HOOVER, Ala. — After the first day of Southeastern Conference football media days, the list of suspects has been narrowed. Four coaches took the stand Wednesday. All pleaded not guilty.
So who left Florida quarterback Tim Tebow off their first-team ballot on the preseason all-SEC team?

"I don't know if y'all are going to find the culprit," Vanderbilt coach Bobby Johnson said. "It wasn't me."

Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino voted for Tebow, too. "I'm not crazy," he said, smiling.

When asked about his vote, Kentucky coach Rich Brooks put his hands in the air as if someone had just yelled, "Freeze!"

"It isn't me!" Brooks said. "I'm not the guy. Good luck in your search!"

New Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen also had an alibi. He said he spent more time with Tebow the last three years than he did with his wife. "Believe it or not, I voted for Tim Tebow," the former Florida offensive coordinator said.

Circumstantial evidence (specifically, a recent history of rattling Florida's cage) pointed to new Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin as a person of interest. But Kiffin told news reporters in Knoxville on Tuesday that he voted for Tebow.

A coach can't vote for his own players, so a unanimous selection gets 11 votes. Among those yet to testify: Alabama's Nick Saban, Auburn's Gene Chizik, Georgia's Mark Richt, LSU's Les Miles and South Carolina's Steve Spurrier. Questioning resumes today.

Comments

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    I going to say Miles or Saban....
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Steve
  • Options

<< <i>Steve >>

Yup.
  • Options
    Confirmation.

Well, almost.
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    It was confirmed that a-hole Spurrier was the coach.

Reminds me of all those years he kept putting Duke football on his pre-season Top 25 vote--even though there were like 0-11 or 1-10 for years in a row.

Spurrier always has been a (BLEEP). Occasionally he has a funny quote, but he is still a (BLEEP).

p.s. MantleMarisFordBerra, you need to make sure you don't have "http" twice in your posted links, as they will not work.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    Nov. 14 -- Florida at South Carolina.

Could be a rather interesting game.