Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

A BIG thank you goes out to our very own Duane Blake!

I had the pleasure of talking with Duane several days ago about some coins and his MPL's. After exchanging PM's, he offered to send me a free copy of Kevin Flynn's new MPL cent book, which he contributed too. I found this to be a very generous offer and a very nice thing for one collector to do for another...

Well, 2 maybe 3 days go by and this morning, theres a knock on the door... Yup, it was my new MPL cent book.

Now this is an area of numismatics that Ive always been fond of, but I dont actively collect MPL's. I do read about them and keep up with the market and known coins for the series.
This book is a must have for anyone with even a fleeting interest in these coins, or Lincoln's in general.

So, in closing, a BIG thank you goes out to forum member Duane Blake.
You sir are a very nice guy to talk with, and very generous too! I hope to meet you one day at a show and buy you a beer, and talk coins.

Thank you

Also, if anyone else has meet anyone here on the forum like this, or has a story of a member going that extra mile for you, post your stories here.

Itll be a feel good thread for all involved.

Comments

• Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't realize Duane was community property image
  • Options
    pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    Duane- I will talk MPL's with you if you send me a real one. image

Stinkin- You may recieve a bill shortly from Duane's secretary, i have never seen a lawyer talk for free. LOL I also recieved a free MATTY book from a different forum member on here that wants to remain nameless. MPL guys seem to be some of the most passionate collectors out there.
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duane's a pretty cool guy image
  • Options
    Whow - I just came across this thread - a totally shameless plug - I'll take it!

stinkinlincoln - will that be check or money order?

I'm so used to putting my foot in mouth and getting bashed, I'm not sure that I can take this image
  • Options

<< <i>I didn't realize Duane was community property image >>

You should read the terms of service once you post here PCGS owns you image
  • Options
    Recommend Duane as the new Coin World Embassador...thank you Duane for the nice surprise compliment on my set. Also a big thank you to Five Cents ( Paul Brannon ) for coming through with two PCGS green boxes, the simple things from our fellow collectors is like a free St Gaudens to me...image
  • Options
    kevinjkevinj Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Duane- I will talk MPL's with you if you send me a real one. image
    Stinkin- You may recieve a bill shortly from Duane's secretary, i have never seen a lawyer talk for free. LOL I also recieved a free MATTY book from a different forum member on here that wants to remain nameless. MPL guys seem to be some of the most passionate collectors out there. >>

LOL, that is a good one, Duane is one of the few people who I know who can talk more than me.
    Kevin
    Kevin J Flynn