Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1848 Russian Rouble - Grade and coin are in! (PIC ADDED)

I will be posting pics later but I am so excited I got my Rouble back!!! It came in 1 point higher than I was expecting!! NGC gives my 1848 Russian Rouble a MS62 grade! I am so happy!
Todd

Comments

• Options
    ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    This is the first time I have ever tried shooting pics through a slab and I must say, it is harder that I thought! I never realized how much glare the slab can put on a picture if you don't have someway of diffusing the light source. Anyways, here is the pics... The coin has a proof like look to it if you get it in the right light so that the background shines and pops while the eagle and design have a matte look. Obviously I couldn't catch that....
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    Very nice Todd! image
  • Options
    Thansk Dan! I will say that NGC's "holder of death" made this one look good. The prongs aren't bad at all when they are paired with a large coin.
    Todd
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Todd - Great end to the story! That is a nice piece. I am glad everything worked out with the grading.

• Options
    I really like that coin. One of my favorites is my Russian 1897 15 rouble but I like yours more.
  • Options
    I am a big fan of the design and history of Russian roubles........it is unfortunate that prices escalated so fast in the past few years. Here are a couple of mine.

imageimage

imageimage
  • Options
    I like the 1844! Nice color on it!... Either of those graded? If so what is the grade on them?
    Todd
  • Options
    Thanks Todd. The 1844 is my favorite due to the colors. I bought it raw at the CICF back in the late 1990s. I had it slabbed by ANACS a few years ago at MS-62. The 1841 is in a NGC holder at MS-63, but the strike seems a bit softer than the 1841. When prices went through the roof, I backed off Russian roubles and trimmed down to just a handful of pieces. The german state material grabs all of my attention (and money) these days.
    Brent