Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

My own shout-out to Sapyx !!

The other day, a large package arrived from Australia chock full of many nice specimens of dates I had been missing towards completing my Australian 1/2-penny, penny, 3-pence, 6-pence, Shilling, & Florin collections.

The package was the culmination of a large number of e-mails back-and-forth between myself and another Forum member, Sapyx, which started after I saw his post about his receiving a large number of Australian pre-decimal coins from a third party. I PM'd Stephen to ask if what he received included a few items, and if he might be able and willing to sell any to me. From there, it just took off! Stephen was VERY accommodating, and provided me with lists, obverse/reverse pictures, and very detailed & honest descriptions of everything he was able to find from my "needs" list, not to mention EXTREMELY FAIR prices to boot!

Because of Stephen's spending the time and effort to work thru my "needs" list, rather than stare at several newly-added Whitman Australian folders full of holes, I can now enjoy looking through mostly-full folders instead!

Although I've thanked him off-line, I just wanted to let everyone know how great Stephen was in helping me via a public "shout-out" on this Forum!image

Before others inundate him with similar requests, however, just a note that Stephen has since taken all remaining unneeded Australian pre-decimals from that collection he received off to a local dealer. But he tells me he does still have some leftovers available from a German Bundesbag 10kg of mixed foreign he's almost completed sorting through, as well as a few complete sets of Papua New Guinea 20 toea coins, if anyone's interested!

- - Dave

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll add a tip o' the hat to Sapyx, too, for general purposes. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,126 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, his numismatic knowlege is top notch.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    While I have not done any deals with him, I want to add that his posts are some of the best in my opinion. I have read threads simply because I saw he posted in them. Less then a handfull of people I can honestly say that about!
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History