Home U.S. Coin Forum

Dansco 7070 gold page

lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've been looking at maybe doing the gold page for some time and I'll probably take the plunge after I complete the basic set, but I do have a question: Why is it that seated coinage has the "no motto" and "motto" varaitions in but not so for the gold page? It definitely makes it easier but do you view this as a continuity break? There's ample room for additional coins... thoughts?

Leo
Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.

Comments

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They made some compromises in order to make it doable, including omiting the type 2 dollar and $3 gold, w/o motto subvarieties, and all earler gold

(though nothing stops the collector from buying a second gold page and going after no mottoes and the others. Could eliminate the 20th century page to make space.)

I've also considered re-purposing the above page to hold a draped quarter and a large sized capped quarter, a bust dollar in the ASE hole, classic half eagles in the quarter holes, etc.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    I agree. I hate aseholes too. j/k image

I'm not to crazy about having the ASE in there either.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • TomBTomB Posts: 20,697 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are many types left out of the Dansco 7070 presumably to make completion of the album easier in order to boost market share for Dansco.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• the 7070 makes for easy viewing but IMHO the capitol holders are the way to go.. that is what I have my stuff in.. the gold page in the 7070 is half the size in the capitol and the black plastic background against the gold is PREEEEETYYY NIIIICCCCEEE!!!
  • My 7070 recently came alive again. I'm on a budget so my normal pursuits are on hold.

• << <i>

I've also considered re-purposing the above page to hold a draped quarter and a large sized capped quarter, a bust dollar in the ASE hole, classic half eagles in the quarter holes, etc. >>

I like it! Maybe you could crack a PCGS Bust half for the rubber spacer and fit a draped bust half in the commerative $ spot.
  • ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup that Type 2 gold dollar really needs to be part of that. Just seeing the prices realized for common 1854 and 1855 coins shows how very much in demand they always are as type coins. To have an album designed for 'type' and not to include them.....all wrong.
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 22,995 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There are many types left out of the Dansco 7070 presumably to make completion of the album easier in order to boost market share for Dansco. >>

Good point, but DANSCO makes some pretty obscure albums. Some I'm sure must only sell a dozen or two a year.
    How about they continue to offer the 7070, of course, but also a complete U.S. type set album? It would include the FH silver coins and the earlier large/half cents plus other type (like the 1837 no stars).

As of now the option is to locate the older Whitman albums that come in two parts or the earlier Library of Coins albums.

If Dansco is concerned about space (although the full Lincoln album has many pages and works well) they could break it down and get rid of that Modern page and make a separate album for gold type.

peacockcoins

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file