Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

If Anyone Would Know, It's You Folks

To cut a long story short, and don't bash me for this, but I am a koi fish hobbyist along with all my other sundry interests. Yep, ponds and waterfalls in the yard, and fellow fish people that make numismatists look like sane people.

Having said this, I want to gift a few people that frankly I owe favors. Rather that go through the Krause page by page, I was wondering if someone here knows of a coin issue depicting a koi fish, hopefully silver.

.....and it has to be a koi and not some Canadian issue honoring the 193rd anniversary of the founding of the Newfoundland herring pickling industry.

Thanks guys.

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

Comments

• Options
    HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭
    I do believe that this is a Koi, but you may not want to have to buy all of your friends gold coins. I'm not sure if there is a silver version? I do remember at one point seeing a commemorative colorized crown by some oddball country like Tulva that I thought had Koi on it. However, it could have been goldfish so don't quote me...
  • Options
    How about some coin purses shaped like koi?

Roy

• Options
    BBQnBLUESBBQnBLUES Posts: 1,803
    Obviously Not a coin... but still a nice gift for a Koi enthusiast ? Lalique
  • Options
    BlackhawkBlackhawk Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭
    Give them gift certificates for Long John Silvers.
    "Have a nice day!"
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Give them gift certificates for Long John Silvers. >>

Now now, don't be koi...

• Options
    Thanks for the input, well at least most of it. The purses are somewhat of a stretch as I can't see these guys sashaying around with one of them over the shoulder. I'll just have to keep an eye out for the Chinese piece in a more sensible quantity.

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread gave me a haddock.........
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,126 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This thread gave me a haddock......... >>

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

<< <i>This thread gave me a haddock......... >>

Sounds fishy to me!imageimage
    "Think of the Press as a great keyboard on which the Government can play" – Joseph Goebbels

"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media" - William Colby, former CIA director
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would a cod piece work?
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,126 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Would a cod piece work? >>

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don