Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1975 no S dime

I love playing with the what if on my registries. However, in the Roosevelt Dimes with Major Varieties, Proof (1965-Present) set, it looks like the 1975 no S doesn't even exist. I haven't subscribed to the pop reports so pardon me if its there, but whats the point of requiring it if none exist?
Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times

Comments

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few known so one could get graded any day now. image
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Read "these are all required as PCGS abandoned the "rule of 5" a couple of years ago." in the I am shocked and appalled! (Not a new topic) thread.
    Sound reasonable to say that unless there are 5 graded examples the coins should not be included in anything but the complete varieties set, if that.

'Known' examples are not 'known' to PCGS until they grade one.

JMO
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    at this rate, the next thing you know the 1917 Matte Proof will be required in the MPL sets...
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    Hmmmmm interesting thread. Hadn't read that before. I might be wrong, which isnt a new thing, but years ago, didn't they have bonus coins? I.e., the 1975 no S wouldn't be required but if you had it, you'd get extra points.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    didn't they have bonus coins? I.e., the 1975 no S wouldn't be required but if you had it, you'd get extra points.

How would the 'bonus' coins (and points) be calculated in the finest possible set rating?
    But since you could have a 100% complete without these uber-rare coins, this is probably the best way to go.
  • Options
    sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭

<< <i>didn't they have bonus coins? I.e., the 1975 no S wouldn't be required but if you had it, you'd get extra points. >>

So what does that do? You can have 100% complete, but someone else have 105%? It is all scaling.
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    Heh, like I said before...I could be wrong. image

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    What's even more startling about the requirement of this, shall I say "Ultra Rarity", is that it only has a set rating of 8.00 meaning that the 1968-S No S coin (Weighted at 10.00), which does have a population of 16, is more difficult to find? image

Ya can't help but wonder what the heck is going on? image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!