Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Grab 'em and Growl at CIVITAS...

In case you haven't gotten the email, CIVITAS is having a sale right now, 10% off at checkout plus free shipping on orders over $200.

I just picked up the pair below.

Some nice goodies to be had; some of the prices are quite nice even before the discount. I absolutely pounced on the Ionian piece.

I'm real curious to see how colorful the fishscale is in hand. image

Comments

• Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking of picking up that Ionian, but decided to economize. Glad to see you got it (and avoid your evil eye)! image
    Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    "....I absolutely pounced on the Ionian piece."

Well I just looked. You got the neatest coin they had up.

Congratulations image
    No,no- the kids and the cat are all right honey.
    It's just that I got my PCGS grades.
  • Options

<< <i>"....I absolutely pounced on the Ionian piece."; >>

Don't you mean you lept on the Ionian piece? image

Nice pieces, BTW!
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    Good thing you got that lion, I do not have that one and it would have been mine, had I seen it.image

edit to add that the coin looks like the one Dimitri hads for sale awhile back. image
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Don't you mean you lept on the Ionian piece? image
    >>

Argh. Nice. Well no, not nice really. Puns are never nice. image

<< <i>edit to add that the coin looks like the one Dimitri hads for sale awhile back. >>

The one in April that Dimitri had was a PCGS 64RB. I bought (and subsequently sold) a PCGS 64BN from him a year or two ago. In both cases, the price was significantly higher than this 65BN was from Civitas, hence the reason for my pounce... err, leap... err, lept... whatever. image
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,126 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geez! I never got the email. I feel neglected by Josh.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

The one in April that Dimitri had was a PCGS 64RB. I bought (and subsequently sold) a PCGS 64BN from him a year or two ago. In both cases, the price was significantly higher than this 65BN was from Civitas, hence the reason for my pounce... err, leap... err, lept... whatever. image >>

Yes, but mine did not have these thongs! image Imagine them on a 16mm coin, they'll swallow it. Congrats Dan, I hope it has that nice blue toning that you like so much. image

1862 is a very dear date to me. Despite my general principle to avoid dupes, I own this date in PCGS MS65RB, PCGS MS65BN, NGC MS65RED (one and only!), PCGS MS64RB and I'm submitting yet another one now hoping for that elusive RED designation from PCGS this time. And I still have a PCGS MS65 of the only other type of this date, the 30L silver.

Thinking back, if I had kept all the 1862 lepta that came my way, I would be owning at least 2 rolls now, all in 64-65. It's true that their price has jumped over the years, you don't want to hear what I paid NEN for the RED one. I remember selling some raw in this board at below $100, but the buyers of these no longer post anymore.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3