Home Sports Talk
Options

Giants fans, what do you think?

Crawford for Bumgarner? I don't like it, but that's because I have a case of man-love for a certain Carl Crawford haha. I really hope it's not true.

LINK

Comments

• Options
    Here's the situation: I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy, who's 2nd of kin is a high-level so-and-so with the Tampa Bay Devil Rays.

I'd put a ton of stock in this.
  • Options
    and this is real nice too -

*Everyone knows about Fred Wilpon and Theo Epstein, but I have good reason to believe that Artie Moreno descends from a prominent Sephardic Jewish family that fled the Inquisiton to Mexico during the late 16th C. As for the Steinbrenners, not only are they probably Jewish-German themselves, but it's extremely likely the Yankees remain under the control of former owner, and Jew, William S. Paley.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I hate it.

If the Giants trade Bumgarner, I'd hope they'd get someone with power. We need a solid RBI man.

Straight up for Crawford, no. Heck no. In exchange for both Crawford and Pena? Maybe.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    jlbsquared said: *Everyone knows about Fred Wilpon and Theo Epstein, but I have good reason to believe that Artie Moreno descends from a prominent Sephardic Jewish family that fled the Inquisiton to Mexico during the late 16th C. As for the Steinbrenners, not only are they probably Jewish-German themselves, but it's extremely likely the Yankees remain under the control of former owner, and Jew, William S. Paley.

I totally don't understand this. Are you saying it's negative to be Jewish? Good to be Jewish? I don't understand.
  • Options
    actually, I was quoting the ridiculous blog that was linked to

eta; I'd cut and paste the whole thing, but I don't have time to filter out all the language...
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I hate it.

If the Giants trade Bumgarner, I'd hope they'd get someone with power. We need a solid RBI man.

Straight up for Crawford, no. Heck no. In exchange for both Crawford and Pena? Maybe. >>

I don't think you have to worry about the Crawford deal unless the Giants fail in their attempt to move Bumgarner, Alderson, and Sanchez to Toronto for Halladay AND Rios.
  • Options

<< <i>I don't think you have to worry about the Crawford deal unless the Giants fail in their attempt to move Bumgarner, Alderson, and Sanchez to Toronto for Halladay AND Rios. >>

Rios would be a 4th outfielder. I'd rather see them get Aaron Hill to play 2nd base.

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't think you have to worry about the Crawford deal unless the Giants fail in their attempt to move Bumgarner, Alderson, and Sanchez to Toronto for Halladay AND Rios. >>

Rios would be a 4th outfielder. I'd rather see them get Aaron Hill to play 2nd base. >>

Rios a 4th OFer? On the Giants? It's great to be a fan and all, but Rios would be better than anything you've got in the OF, now and would probably be the Giants cleanup hitter sandwiched between KungFu Panda and Molina.
  • Options

<< <i>Rios a 4th OFer? On the Giants? It's great to be a fan and all, but Rios would be better than anything you've got in the OF, now and would probably be the Giants cleanup hitter sandwiched between KungFu Panda and Molina. >>

Alright, maybe I'm just being a die-hard Giants fan or something, but Rios' numbers don't really yell "AUTOMATIC UPGRADE" to me.

Here's Rios' numbers this year:
    .261 avg / .317 obp / .413 slg / 10 hrs

Here's a couple of Giants outfielders:

Aaron Rowand: .281 avg / .341 obp / .447 slg, 9 hrs
    Nate Schierholtz: .295 avg / .326 obp / .422 slg

Rowand and Schierholtz are brilliant defensive OFers with pop in their bats. Rowand has 9 hrs on the year, so he's not a lightweight. Schierholtz is young and flashes his potential frequently.

John Bowker got called up a few weeks ago after going .347/.448/.614 in 80 games in AAA earlier this year, so he's being given a shot to make the club.

I'd rather the Giants fill a spot that doesn't already have talent competing for it.

• Options
    Looks like the Giants are taking the rest of the year off. Maybe we should keep Bumgarner and Alderson and see how they pan out in the future.