Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What is the deal with wolverine24 on EBAY?

WOW...look at all the red and grey feedback. Guess I may be joining soon. Anyone have any experience with him?
Currently collecting all sports HOF Rookie Cards graded by PSA...for my sons Jayce & Luke.

Successful dealings with: ChiSoxCardboard,
lbcoach20, ShootyBabitt, cincyredlegs, pclpads, jwgators, hoopguru33, mphilking, daverat, Hallco, corvette1340, 8irvin8, Pre72, Estil, BigDaddyBowman, al032184. 1966CUDA, gwinny, samspop

Comments

• Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Wow....Lots of good stuff listed, but I don't think I would bid on anything of theirs. Did you get hosed on a purchase?
  • Options
    craiggercraigger Posts: 656 ✭✭
    not yet..i am only 7 days after payment at thispoint, but i sent an simple email just asking when i might get my purchase...and i have gotten no reply so far...i guess i should not be very surprised
    Currently collecting all sports HOF Rookie Cards graded by PSA...for my sons Jayce & Luke.

Successful dealings with: ChiSoxCardboard,
    lbcoach20, ShootyBabitt, cincyredlegs, pclpads, jwgators, hoopguru33, mphilking, daverat, Hallco, corvette1340, 8irvin8, Pre72, Estil, BigDaddyBowman, al032184. 1966CUDA, gwinny, samspop
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    They are not very quick to ship, but you will eventually get your stuff. Mine took almost 3 weeks.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    onebamafanonebamafan Posts: 1,318 ✭✭

<< <i>They are not very quick to ship, but you will eventually get your stuff. Mine took almost 3 weeks. >>

That is unacceptable to me..........................................but thats me. ")
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't buy from them again unless no one else had the item or the price was worth the wait.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    Thats the people that list what they think the card is worth? $800 $1200 image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>They are not very quick to ship, but you will eventually get your stuff. Mine took almost 3 weeks. >>

That is unacceptable to me..........................................but thats me. ") >>

I tend to agree. I'm still waiting on an auction from June 28th, really starting to bug me and no email responses from a very low volume seller despite 3 emails.
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    If I didn't get my stuff that I bought for 3 weeks I would be raising pure hell. That is totally unacceptable. I ship all of my stuff the next day after payment if not the same day as payment. What the hell can you be doing for 3 weeks that doesn't allow you to ship something?
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    I've found that after 10 days with no item, if I file a paypal claim, that gets the item in the mail pretty quick.
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Wolverine24 is at the Rosemont show in Chicago this weekend and will most likely be at the National. I've seen him around for a few years at all the big shows and heard people complaining about him there too. His name gets brought up alot within the modern collectors. He has alot of help and never really figured out why he lacks good customer service. Its been awhile since I've bought anything from him on ebay and sorta like it that way.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I've had no problems with the few cards I've bought from him. As mentioned above, he does ship slow, but I didn't care.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    He has stuff I want for cheap, so I buy it expecting to wait a few weeks to get it. As long as I know I'm going to get the item, and, with him, I feel I will, I don't mind waiting. It's just going to sit in a box when it gets to me anyway.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I have bought from them several times and always got my items fast. Granted most were over $300 so maybe they ship the more expensive stuff first. How does this guy purchase all the stuff he does? I mean I cannot imagine buying cards like that cheap enough that you could just let them ride in an ebay auction. Even if you are dropping huge money, it is hard to think a dealer would sell that cheaply.
  • Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭
    The seller has been the topic of many posts and threads on SCF for slow shipping other issues.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    I won a couple of auctions last week or so and already have the cards. No problems .
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    i won a very rare card and i waited 3 weeks then i get a message he doesnt have the card....he refunded my money ..i was very pissed.....
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I just did a search for wolverine24 and came up with this thread. Instead of making another one, I'll just say what I have to say here.

The main issue with this seller(at least for me) is the fact that he does not send the cards shown in his auctions. He sends a lesser grade version kinda a bait and switch thing.

He did it to me a few months back and he apologized for it. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and bought another card last week. It came today and it's a piece of junk compared to the one shown in the auction.

I'm sending it back and asking for the one shown. Either way, he is getting a neg after I get the card back.

I will be avoiding them in the future.
  • Options
    hookemhookem Posts: 971 ✭✭
    I have never had a problem with them/him but most of my purchases have been low priced autos/game used for my Longhorn collection. I have probably made a half dozen or so purchases and have them on my favorite sellers list. I guess it is all depends on what you are looking for and expect.

Hook'em
  • Options
    fujfuj Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just did a search for wolverine24 and came up with this thread. Instead of making another one, I'll just say what I have to say here.

The main issue with this seller(at least for me) is the fact that he does not send the cards shown in his auctions. He sends a lesser grade version kinda a bait and switch thing.

He did it to me a few months back and he apologized for it. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and bought another card last week. It came today and it's a piece of junk compared to the one shown in the auction.

I'm sending it back and asking for the one shown. Either way, he is getting a neg after I get the card back.

I will be avoiding them in the future. >>

Good to know Matt. I bought a card from him a couple months back and the card I got wasn't NM-MT as advertised - more like NM. I didn't make a big deal since raw cards on eBay are frequently overgraded and it was a cheap card (not worth paying return shipping). I wish I checked the scan to see if there were any obvious differences.

I have avoided buying from him since but I do notice that he tends to get a lot of strong prices for his stuff.
  • Options
    Slow shipper and doesn't know how to pack a lot of cards with regard to protection.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    I bought an Alcindor RC from him once and got the card fast. It was the same card in the pic. That transaction, at least, was very positive.

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    It seems that he has 100s of copies of everything he sells...I've never gotten the one in the image I'd guess.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It seems that he has 100s of copies of everything he sells...I've never gotten the one in the image I'd guess. >>

I agree Ross. He is always listing the same Emmitt cards right after he sells them. That said, he is obviously picking the best card for the scan to get people to jack up the price because the card appears to be mint. Then he sends them junk instead.
  • Options
    FWIW wolverine24- Has sold fake patches and fake buybacks that I've seen. From what I've been told, he's a high volume dealer and likely just unknowingly bought the fakes. Have been told he's tossed alot of fakes but I still saw alot that were sold.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    i noticed this in their ad descriptions

"WITH THAT BEING SAID, ALOT OF PEOPLE SHARED WITH ME THAT WE NEEDED TO IMPROVE OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SHIPPING TIMES ON WOLVERINE24. WE HAVE STARTED TO MAKE THOSE CHANGES AND ARE WORKING HARD TO MAKE IT BETTER FOR ALL OF OUR CUSTOMERS"

too little too late?