Home Sports Talk
Options

Sign I have officially gotten old (SIGH)...

I heard an interview with Lawrence Taylor on the radio last night. He was talking about his days with the Giants and what it was like to be THE MAN in New York. And then he mentioned what he enjoys doing nowadays, and he mentioned that he had adopted a young son and that he enjoys playing with his grandchildren. LT has grandchildren. I remember him as a rookie and how great he was for so many years. The guy I remember as a rookie and a terror on the field is approaching 50. Wow.
Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.

Comments

• Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    Professional playing careers last, at best, around twenty (20) years. Of course, there will be exceptions. I knew I was old when I realized that I had followed certain players for their entire 20+ year career.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    Lawrence Taylor was no Jack Ham.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew I was getting old when watching reruns of Happy Days, Mrs Cunningham started to look sexy.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Lawrence Taylor was no Jack Ham. >>

Jack Ham was no Kevin Bacon.
  • Options

<< <i>

Jack Ham was no Kevin Bacon. >>

both attended the University of Arkansas
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

both attended the University of Arkansas >>

yea, I know which college Jack Ham really attended. image
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

>>

Kevin Bacon was no Chris Hanburger
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.